Old 31-01-2004, 03:36 AM
JimL

Default semi-sweet chocolate - any differences?

"H. W. Hans Kuntze" wrote in message ...

You already spillt the beans in your first post (OP) JimL.

"Here's a bag of Nestle's"

Nothing wrong with that. :-)

P.S. Looking back, I actually wrote: "Here's a bag of Nestle's (or
even Godiva, etc., etc.)"

So you still don't know what I finally used. HMPH!

Except for the Courvosier. But that went into the cook, not the
batter.

Old 31-01-2004, 03:54 AM
H. W. Hans Kuntze

graham wrote:

"H. W. Hans Kuntze" wrote in message
JimL wrote:

=20

If you like great, exotic chocolate, enjoy it plain, with a great glass=

of Cabernet, or Bordeaux.
=20

You are joking of course!

NOPE, graham. Surprisingly good.

That is the worst possible combination!

Try it, you might like it.
Goes well with a great Merlot too.

http://www.sfchocolate.com/winelover.htm
The natural affinity between dark chocolate and red wine is no secret:=20
restaurants often suggest pairing an after-dinner wine with chocolate=20
desserts, and many desserts themselves incorporate both chocolate and=20
flavors that are often found in red wine, such as berry, mint or coffee. =

Indeed, many red wines are described as being =93chocolatey=94 or having =

cocoa flavors that surface during a thoughtful tasting.

--=20
Grue$$e.

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
" Strive for excellence in your life & reject being a doormat to others. =
Serve God. "
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef[AT]cmcchef.com
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/=20

Old 31-01-2004, 07:12 AM
graham

"H. W. Hans Kuntze" wrote in message
graham wrote:

SNIP
Indeed, many red wines are described as being “chocolatey” or having
cocoa flavors that surface during a thoughtful tasting.
--
Grue$$e.

I recently drank a red that was so chocolatey that I pitched the rest of the
bottle. That's one flavor that I now try to avoid. It tends to occur more
often in New World reds that are over-oaked so I now drink French, Italian
and Spanish most of the time. When i feel like splurging on a good bottle,
I go for a good Bordeaux.
Graham

Old 01-02-2004, 12:16 AM
Brian Macke

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:36:08 -0800, JimL wrote:

Except for the Courvosier. But that went into the cook, not the batter.

Mmm.. though I'd prefer chocolate and Tequila - that is a combination with
thousands of years of history.

--
-Brian James Macke
"In order to get that which you wish for, you must first get that which

Old 03-02-2004, 03:52 AM
JimL

"Brian Macke" wrote in message et...
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:36:08 -0800, JimL wrote:

Except for the Courvosier. But that went into the cook, not the batter.

Mmm.. though I'd prefer chocolate and Tequila - that is a combination with
thousands of years of history.

Hmmm .... chocolate and Tequila, never would have thought of that.
This calls for more experimentation. For scientific research purposes
of course.

Just returned from my annual winter vacation in New Orleans. There is
a restaurant, The Bombay Club, with a menu of 70 varieties of
martinis. Their signature drink is a chocolate martini. Wonderful!