val189

Default pizza dough flop - live and learn

hello -
I haven't posted here in about two years, but thought I should pass
on tonight's experience. I had some rice flour lurking around and
decided to add, oh, say, a quarter of a cup of it to my standard ABM
pizza dough recipe. It never rose, just made a wet mess in the pan.
I still am not sure what to do with the rice flour or even remember
why I bought it....grrr.
val
H. W. Hans Kuntze

val189 wrote:

>hello -=20
> I haven't posted here in about two years, but thought I should pass
>on tonight's experience. I had some rice flour lurking around and
>decided to add, oh, say, a quarter of a cup of it to my standard ABM
>pizza dough recipe. It never rose, just made a wet mess in the pan.
>I still am not sure what to do with the rice flour or even remember
>why I bought it....grrr.
>val
> =20

You use it as a separating agent, for instance when rolling pasta.

Or on your peel for pizza.

You don't use it in the dough, but underneath.

It has no gluten and will not stick.

--=20
Grue$$e.

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
" Strive for excellence in your life & reject being a doormat to others. =
Serve God. "
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef[AT]cmcchef.com
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/=20

Reg

val189 wrote:

> I still am not sure what to do with the rice flour or even remember
> why I bought it....grrr.

Sprinkle it inside bannetons for easy dough release. It also makes
the worlds lightest tempura batter.

No One

Use it exclusively since I have Celiac Disease - can't have any wheat,
barley, oat, rye. It's a challenge to use and mostly has to be used with a
stabilizer like Xanthan Gum at 1 tesp. per cup. Doesn't come close to
regular flour. Want a challenge! Try making bread with it!

If you use it with a stabilizer, it can make baked goods, like cakes,
muffins unbelivably light. Most prefer the ones I make with the rice or
combinations flours to wheat.

Also, it makes a great thicking agent 1/2 rice flour 1/2 potato starch for
making the slurry.

Also good to coat home made french fries before deep frying.

"val189" > wrote in message
om...
> hello -
> I haven't posted here in about two years, but thought I should pass
> on tonight's experience. I had some rice flour lurking around and
> decided to add, oh, say, a quarter of a cup of it to my standard ABM
> pizza dough recipe. It never rose, just made a wet mess in the pan.
> I still am not sure what to do with the rice flour or even remember
> why I bought it....grrr.
> val

Lorea

Goes great with butter cookies for a sandy texture.

"No One" > wrote in message
> Use it exclusively since I have Celiac Disease - can't have any wheat,
> barley, oat, rye. It's a challenge to use and mostly has to be used with

> stabilizer like Xanthan Gum at 1 tesp. per cup. Doesn't come close to
> regular flour. Want a challenge! Try making bread with it!
>
> If you use it with a stabilizer, it can make baked goods, like cakes,
> muffins unbelivably light. Most prefer the ones I make with the rice or
> combinations flours to wheat.
>
> Also, it makes a great thicking agent 1/2 rice flour 1/2 potato starch for
> making the slurry.
>
> Also good to coat home made french fries before deep frying.
>
> "val189" > wrote in message
> om...
> > hello -
> > I haven't posted here in about two years, but thought I should pass
> > on tonight's experience. I had some rice flour lurking around and
> > decided to add, oh, say, a quarter of a cup of it to my standard ABM
> > pizza dough recipe. It never rose, just made a wet mess in the pan.
> > I still am not sure what to do with the rice flour or even remember
> > why I bought it....grrr.
> > val

Live & Learn: convection ovens KenK General Cooking 46 21-05-2013 03:00 AM
Pizza dough Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 19 08-09-2011 02:31 AM
Pizza Dough piedmont General Cooking 33 04-08-2010 05:08 PM
New information or you live and learn. James Silverton[_2_] General Cooking 72 27-07-2009 02:17 PM
Pizza Dough Audrey McVean Recipes (moderated) 0 10-02-2008 11:34 PM