Carol L

Default Chocolate Icing

I need to make a Wedding rehersal cake (white and chocolate marblized) in
October and since the groom loves chocolate I would like to frost it with a
Chocolate frosting. I have a ganache recipe but don't know if that would be
appropriate.
It needs to take a long ride after it's iced ( about an 8 hour ride) and I
need something that won't melt, or I guess I could ice it there which might
be the better solution. Any suggestions would be greatfully received.
Carol

Vox Humana

"Carol L" > wrote in message
> I need to make a Wedding rehersal cake (white and chocolate marblized) in
> October and since the groom loves chocolate I would like to frost it with

> Chocolate frosting. I have a ganache recipe but don't know if that would

be
> appropriate.
> It needs to take a long ride after it's iced ( about an 8 hour ride) and

> need something that won't melt, or I guess I could ice it there which

might
> be the better solution. Any suggestions would be greatfully received.
> Carol

Chocolate rolled fondant is bulletproof.

James Lauffer

I appreciate the suggestion for fondant but I just don't care for the
texture of it in my mouth.

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "Carol L" > wrote in message
> > I need to make a Wedding rehersal cake (white and chocolate marblized)

in
> > October and since the groom loves chocolate I would like to frost it

with
> > Chocolate frosting. I have a ganache recipe but don't know if that would

> be
> > appropriate.
> > It needs to take a long ride after it's iced ( about an 8 hour ride)

and
> > need something that won't melt, or I guess I could ice it there which

> might
> > be the better solution. Any suggestions would be greatfully received.
> > Carol

> Chocolate rolled fondant is bulletproof.

James Lauffer

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "Carol L" > wrote in message
> > I need to make a Wedding rehersal cake (white and chocolate marblized)

in
> > October and since the groom loves chocolate I would like to frost it

with
> > Chocolate frosting. I have a ganache recipe but don't know if that would

> be
> > appropriate.
> > It needs to take a long ride after it's iced ( about an 8 hour ride)

and
> > need something that won't melt, or I guess I could ice it there which

> might
> > be the better solution. Any suggestions would be greatfully received.
> > Carol

> Chocolate rolled fondant is bulletproof.

Vox Humana

"James Lauffer" > wrote in message
> I appreciate the suggestion for fondant but I just don't care for the
> texture of it in my mouth.

I thought you were making it for a wedding.

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:39:54 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
wrote:

>"James Lauffer" > wrote in message
>> I appreciate the suggestion for fondant but I just don't care for the
>> texture of it in my mouth.
>>

>I thought you were making it for a wedding.

You could always go early and do the icing after you get there.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>

wrote:

>"James Lauffer" > wrote in message
>> I appreciate the suggestion for fondant but I just don't care for the
>> texture of it in my mouth.
>>

>I thought you were making it for a wedding.

You could always go early and do the icing after you get there.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>
~*~*~*~*~*~
"What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of
chocolate."
--Katharine Hepburn (May 12, 1907 - June 29, 2003)
~*~*~*~*~*~
Cake Wmn

I use ganache on cakes all the time as well as chocolate buttercream and don't
have any extra problems with it traveling okay.

You could also use chocopaste and it would be the same consistancy as rolled
fondant, only taste better.

LMW

I just use the basic "buttercream" icing from Wilton...

to make 3 cups...

1 tsp. clear vanilla extract
3-4 TBSP. water (more for chocolate icing )
1 c. solid vegetable shortening
1 lb. sifted confectioners sugar (4 cups)
1/4 c. Hershey's unsweeted cocoa

Cream shortening, flavorings and water. Gradually add sifted confectioners
sugar and cocoa and mix on medium speed until all ingredients have been
thoroughly mixed together. Blend an additional minute or so, until creamy.
Add additional liquid to make desired consistency.

"Carol L" > wrote in message
> I need to make a Wedding rehersal cake (white and chocolate marblized) in
> October and since the groom loves chocolate I would like to frost it with

> Chocolate frosting. I have a ganache recipe but don't know if that would

be
> appropriate.
> It needs to take a long ride after it's iced ( about an 8 hour ride) and

> need something that won't melt, or I guess I could ice it there which

might
> be the better solution. Any suggestions would be greatfully received.
> Carol

LMW

"Carol L" > wrote in message
> I need to make a Wedding rehersal cake (white and chocolate marblized) in
> October and since the groom loves chocolate I would like to frost it with

> Chocolate frosting. I have a ganache recipe but don't know if that would

be
> appropriate.
> It needs to take a long ride after it's iced ( about an 8 hour ride) and

> need something that won't melt, or I guess I could ice it there which

might
> be the better solution. Any suggestions would be greatfully received.
> Carol

Carol L

Thanks very much. I'll be baking THE cake next week and will give this
recipe a try tomorrow. Carol
"LMW" > wrote in message
> I just use the basic "buttercream" icing from Wilton...
>
> to make 3 cups...
>
> 1 tsp. clear vanilla extract
> 3-4 TBSP. water (more for chocolate icing )
> 1 c. solid vegetable shortening
> 1 lb. sifted confectioners sugar (4 cups)
> 1/4 c. Hershey's unsweeted cocoa
>
> Cream shortening, flavorings and water. Gradually add sifted confectioners
> sugar and cocoa and mix on medium speed until all ingredients have been
> thoroughly mixed together. Blend an additional minute or so, until creamy.
> Add additional liquid to make desired consistency.
>
> "Carol L" > wrote in message
> > I need to make a Wedding rehersal cake (white and chocolate marblized)

in
> > October and since the groom loves chocolate I would like to frost it

with
> > Chocolate frosting. I have a ganache recipe but don't know if that would

> be
> > appropriate.
> > It needs to take a long ride after it's iced ( about an 8 hour ride)

and
> > need something that won't melt, or I guess I could ice it there which

> might
> > be the better solution. Any suggestions would be greatfully received.
> > Carol

Carol L

Chocolate-Mocha Icing katreen Recipes 0 08-05-2009 12:02 AM
sugar free chocolate cake with peanut butter icing? Anthony Davis General Cooking 3 02-11-2006 02:56 AM
"m&m's"(r) Mini Chocolate Cookies With Icing MOMPEAGRAM Baking 1 14-12-2004 11:09 PM
"m&m's"(r) Mini Chocolate Cookies With Icing MOMPEAGRAM General Cooking 1 14-12-2004 11:09 PM
Chocolate mars bar cake icing Gareth Tuckwell Baking 2 20-10-2004 02:43 AM