H Cable

Default Wanted: Savadoran Quesedilla

Hi All: Looking for a recipe for a delicious cake-like desert I had in a
Salvadoran restaurant a few years ago.

It's not the Mexican style quesedilla with cheese melted between tortillas.

This is a dense, cheesy, sweet, buttery cake-pudding made with rice
flour, but I don't know what else. It's baked, not steamed, and is
yellowish like cornbread when it comes out of the oven. Anyone have an
idea of what might be in it?

Boron Elgar

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:20:24 GMT, H Cable >
wrote:

>Hi All: Looking for a recipe for a delicious cake-like desert I had in a
> Salvadoran restaurant a few years ago.
>
>It's not the Mexican style quesedilla with cheese melted between tortillas.
>
>This is a dense, cheesy, sweet, buttery cake-pudding made with rice
>flour, but I don't know what else. It's baked, not steamed, and is
>yellowish like cornbread when it comes out of the oven. Anyone have an
>idea of what might be in it?

I cannot vouch for this personally, but found it through google. NOne
of the variations I could find (in English) mentioned rice flour,
though.

Boron

QUESADILLA SALVADORENA
This recipe is in

http://www.doe-mbi.ucla.edu/people/c..._salvador.html.

1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Sour Cream
4 oz Parmesan Cheese (grated)
3 eggs
1 stick butter (small)
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Sesame Seeds
Mix butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at the time. Sift
flour and Baking powder. Add to sugar mixture little by little. Add
sour cream, parmesan cheese mixing well. Grease spring pan or baking
dish with butter. Add mixture evenly. Decorate with sesame seeds. Bake
in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 40 to 60 minutes.

This recipe is guaranteed to clog your arteries. You must have a
cholesterol level below 150 to eat this cake.

Calories count:

1 Cup Sugar: 1500
1 Cup Sour Cream: 900 (75 gr of Fat) Cholesterol 300 mg
4 oz Parmesan Cheese:500 (100 gr of Fat) Cholesterol 100 mg
1 stick butter :800 (800 gr Fat) Cholesterol 240 mg
3 eggs : 240 (?? Fat ) Cholesterol ?? mg

H Cable

Thank you very much! I didn't even think of putting it through google,
but I will next time!

Best wishes,

Hilary

Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:20:24 GMT, H Cable >
> wrote:
>

>>Hi All: Looking for a recipe for a delicious cake-like desert I had in a
>> Salvadoran restaurant a few years ago.
>>
>>It's not the Mexican style quesedilla with cheese melted between tortillas.
>>
>>This is a dense, cheesy, sweet, buttery cake-pudding made with rice
>>flour, but I don't know what else. It's baked, not steamed, and is
>>yellowish like cornbread when it comes out of the oven. Anyone have an
>>idea of what might be in it?

> I cannot vouch for this personally, but found it through google. NOne
> of the variations I could find (in English) mentioned rice flour,
> though.
>
> Boron
>
> QUESADILLA SALVADORENA
> This recipe is in
>
> http://www.doe-mbi.ucla.edu/people/c..._salvador.html.
>

> 1 Cup Flour
> 1 Cup Sugar
> 1 Cup Sour Cream
> 4 oz Parmesan Cheese (grated)
> 3 eggs
> 1 stick butter (small)
> 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
> Sesame Seeds
> Mix butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at the time. Sift
> flour and Baking powder. Add to sugar mixture little by little. Add
> sour cream, parmesan cheese mixing well. Grease spring pan or baking
> dish with butter. Add mixture evenly. Decorate with sesame seeds. Bake
> in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 40 to 60 minutes.
>
> This recipe is guaranteed to clog your arteries. You must have a
> cholesterol level below 150 to eat this cake.
>
> Calories count:
>

> 1 Cup Sugar: 1500
> 1 Cup Sour Cream: 900 (75 gr of Fat) Cholesterol 300 mg
> 4 oz Parmesan Cheese:500 (100 gr of Fat) Cholesterol 100 mg
> 1 stick butter :800 (800 gr Fat) Cholesterol 240 mg
> 3 eggs : 240 (?? Fat ) Cholesterol ?? mg

I just wanted to thank you all. Kael Barbecue 0 05-06-2005 10:58 PM
Help Wanted Cape Bretoner Winemaking 1 22-12-2003 03:07 AM
MLF wanted, but too much SO2 Brad B. Winemaking 5 07-12-2003 04:40 AM
Help Wanted Cape Bretoner Wine 1 06-10-2003 10:48 PM
Help Wanted Cape Bretoner Winemaking 0 06-10-2003 10:02 PM