Old 11-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Larry G

Default Toaster Strudel Icing Recipe/product?

Does anyone know a recipe or a product that can match the icing on Toaster
Strudel? At first, I thought that the store cake icing (out of the tubes)
would do it, but it isn't buttery enough.

The toaster strudel icing is very smooth, creamy, and buttery. The closest I
can think of is the cream cheese icing on a carrot cake. Would cream cheese
approximate it?

Larry

Old 13-09-2004, 11:04 PM
Crystal

I think a powdered sugar icing recipe would taste the same. It's
basically powdered sugar, butter, and milk. I think this would be the
closest to that icing. Crystal

Old 17-09-2004, 03:40 AM
Wayne

Alan wrote in news:[email protected]
4ax.com:

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:11:41 -0400, Jenn Ridley
wrote:

Alan
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:04:23 -0400,

(Crystal) wrote:

I think a powdered sugar icing recipe would taste the same. It's
basically powdered sugar, butter, and milk. I think this would be the
closest to that icing. Crystal

However, most icings would just melt and run off the
strudel.

The people who make factory food know how to make something
with a very dry consistency which will stick on the pastry
in the toaster, and still seem like frosting when eaten.

I don't know, but I assume it is baked onto the strudel at
the factory. . . .

The icing is applied after the 'strudel' is removed from the toaster.
It comes in little squeeze packs in the box, one pack per 'strudel'.

jenn

Oh,.......yeah.

Sorry, I was thinking of Pop Tart type stuff.

Well, most frosting recipes which include:
powdered sugar
butter or margarine
a few drops of water or milk
some vanilla

will come pretty close, I think.
There isn't any great mystery about it, I don't think!

(But, then, I was wrong about what you were talking about,
before!)

:-)

If the icing is going into the toaster, I'd omit the butter. It would
surely cause it to melt and run.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b