Nospam

Default margerine

Anyone know what happened to "blue Band" margerine ?

Is it rebranded to something like "I can't believe it's butter" or similar.

What tastes the same ?

I only ask because I wanted to make some cakes and buttercream filling "just
like Mum" used to make

Bob

---

Vox Humana

"Nospam" > wrote in message
> Anyone know what happened to "blue Band" margerine ?
>
> Is it rebranded to something like "I can't believe it's butter" or

similar.

> What tastes the same ?
>
> I only ask because I wanted to make some cakes and buttercream filling

"just
> like Mum" used to make

A quick Google search shows it's still around:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ne&btnG=Search

Vox Humana

Vox Humana wrote:

> "Nospam" > wrote in message
>
>>Anyone know what happened to "blue Band" margerine ?
>>
>>Is it rebranded to something like "I can't believe it's butter" or

> similar.
>
>>What tastes the same ?
>>
>>I only ask because I wanted to make some cakes and buttercream filling

> "just
>
>>like Mum" used to make
>>

> A quick Google search shows it's still around:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ne&btnG=Search

Why don't you use real butter. It has no trans fats, tastes better and
is better for you.

Vox Humana wrote:

> "Nospam" > wrote in message
>
>>Anyone know what happened to "blue Band" margerine ?
>>
>>Is it rebranded to something like "I can't believe it's butter" or

> similar.
>
>>What tastes the same ?
>>
>>I only ask because I wanted to make some cakes and buttercream filling

> "just
>
>>like Mum" used to make
>>

> A quick Google search shows it's still around:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ne&btnG=Search

Why don't you use real butter. It has no trans fats, tastes better and
is better for you.

Jenn Ridley

>Vox Humana wrote:
>
>> "Nospam" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Anyone know what happened to "blue Band" margerine ?
>>>
>>>Is it rebranded to something like "I can't believe it's butter" or

>> similar.
>>
>>>What tastes the same ?
>>>
>>>I only ask because I wanted to make some cakes and buttercream filling

>> "just
>>>like Mum" used to make
>>>

>> A quick Google search shows it's still around:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ne&btnG=Search

>Why don't you use real butter. It has no trans fats, tastes better and
>is better for you.

Because it's not what Mum used to use, and it won't taste "right".
Why do you think the original poster is looking for a specific brand
of margarine?

Not everyone is looking for the technically 'best' result.

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley :
Jenn Ridley

>Vox Humana wrote:
>
>> "Nospam" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Anyone know what happened to "blue Band" margerine ?
>>>
>>>Is it rebranded to something like "I can't believe it's butter" or

>> similar.
>>
>>>What tastes the same ?
>>>
>>>I only ask because I wanted to make some cakes and buttercream filling

>> "just
>>>like Mum" used to make
>>>

>> A quick Google search shows it's still around:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ne&btnG=Search

>Why don't you use real butter. It has no trans fats, tastes better and
>is better for you.

Because it's not what Mum used to use, and it won't taste "right".
Why do you think the original poster is looking for a specific brand
of margarine?

Not everyone is looking for the technically 'best' result.

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley :
Jenn Ridley

>Vox Humana wrote:
>
>> "Nospam" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Anyone know what happened to "blue Band" margerine ?
>>>
>>>Is it rebranded to something like "I can't believe it's butter" or

>> similar.
>>
>>>What tastes the same ?
>>>
>>>I only ask because I wanted to make some cakes and buttercream filling

>> "just
>>>like Mum" used to make
>>>

>> A quick Google search shows it's still around:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ne&btnG=Search

>Why don't you use real butter. It has no trans fats, tastes better and
>is better for you.

Because it's not what Mum used to use, and it won't taste "right".
Why do you think the original poster is looking for a specific brand
of margarine?

Not everyone is looking for the technically 'best' result.

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley :
Vox Humana

> wrote in message
> Vox Humana wrote:
>
> > "Nospam" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Anyone know what happened to "blue Band" margerine ?
> >>
> >>Is it rebranded to something like "I can't believe it's butter" or

> > similar.
> >
> >>What tastes the same ?
> >>
> >>I only ask because I wanted to make some cakes and buttercream filling

> > "just
> >
> >>like Mum" used to make
> >>

> > A quick Google search shows it's still around:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ne&btnG=Search

> Why don't you use real butter. It has no trans fats, tastes better and
> is better for you.

First of all, I do use real butter. I was going to suggest the same thing,
but the OP said he/she wanted to recreated something their mother made.

Vox Humana

> wrote in message
> Vox Humana wrote:
>
> > "Nospam" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Anyone know what happened to "blue Band" margerine ?
> >>
> >>Is it rebranded to something like "I can't believe it's butter" or

> > similar.
> >
> >>What tastes the same ?
> >>
> >>I only ask because I wanted to make some cakes and buttercream filling

> > "just
> >
> >>like Mum" used to make
> >>

> > A quick Google search shows it's still around:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ne&btnG=Search

> Why don't you use real butter. It has no trans fats, tastes better and
> is better for you.

First of all, I do use real butter. I was going to suggest the same thing,
but the OP said he/she wanted to recreated something their mother made.

Eric Jorgensen

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:28:23 -0700
wrote:

> Vox Humana wrote:
>
> > "Nospam" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Anyone know what happened to "blue Band" margerine ?
> >>
> >>Is it rebranded to something like "I can't believe it's butter" or

> > similar.
> >
> >>What tastes the same ?
> >>
> >>I only ask because I wanted to make some cakes and buttercream filling

> > "just
> >
> >>like Mum" used to make
> >>

> > A quick Google search shows it's still around:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ne&btnG=Search

> Why don't you use real butter. It has no trans fats, tastes better and
> is better for you.

Not true. Everything that makes fat makes trans-fat. Everything. Cows,
coconut trees, soybeans, everything.

Butter has much less trans-fat than partially hydrogenated vegetable
oil, but it also has loads of saturated fat.

What I'm saying is, I guess: pick your battles.

Switching to margarine would be a fantastic diet plan for me, because i
would completely stop eating anything that i would have otherwise put
butter in. Yech.

Eric Jorgensen

Eric Jorgensen wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:28:23 -0700
> wrote:
>

>>Vox Humana wrote:

>>>similar.

>>>"just

>>>A quick Google search shows it's still around:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ne&btnG=Search

>>Why don't you use real butter. It has no trans fats, tastes better and
>>is better for you.

> Not true. Everything that makes fat makes trans-fat. Everything. Cows,
> coconut trees, soybeans, everything.
>
> Butter has much less trans-fat than partially hydrogenated vegetable
> oil, but it also has loads of saturated fat.
>
> What I'm saying is, I guess: pick your battles.
>
> Switching to margarine would be a fantastic diet plan for me, because i
> would completely stop eating anything that i would have otherwise put
> butter in. Yech.

If you read the current reports on trans fats I am certain you would
never have a smidgen of margarine pass your lips.

Eric Jorgensen wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:28:23 -0700
> wrote:
>

>>Vox Humana wrote:

>>>similar.

>>>"just

>>>A quick Google search shows it's still around:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ne&btnG=Search

>>Why don't you use real butter. It has no trans fats, tastes better and
>>is better for you.

> Not true. Everything that makes fat makes trans-fat. Everything. Cows,
> coconut trees, soybeans, everything.
>
> Butter has much less trans-fat than partially hydrogenated vegetable
> oil, but it also has loads of saturated fat.
>
> What I'm saying is, I guess: pick your battles.
>
> Switching to margarine would be a fantastic diet plan for me, because i
> would completely stop eating anything that i would have otherwise put
> butter in. Yech.

If you read the current reports on trans fats I am certain you would
never have a smidgen of margarine pass your lips.
Eric Jorgensen

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:48:25 -0700
wrote:

> If you read the current reports on trans fats I am certain you would
> never have a smidgen of margarine pass your lips.

Trans-fatty acids are about twice as bad for you as saturated fats. But
the reality is that the same quantity of butter has close to 3x the amount
of saturated fat as the margarine has trans-fat.

So, on the one hand, you're dead. On the other hand, you're dead. I
choose butter for it's superior flavor, and superior chemical and physical
properties. There is no health benefit, on either side of the argument.

As the labeling requirements come into effect, we will probably see
manufacturing process changes that may lead to margarine with a similar
trans-fat level to butter (which averages 0.3 grams per tablespoon). But it
will still taste like vegetable oil mixed with chemical sludge, butyric
acid, and nonfat dry milk, and it'll still separate when heated, and it'll
still have inferior emulsifying properties.

I have this philosophy that tells me it's a mistake to replace something
desired with something else that only mimics it. You can't replace butter
with anything. You can't replace the cream in your recipe with yogurt. You
can't replace chocolate chips with carob chips. You can't replace a
hamburger with a soyburger. If i can't have what i want to have, I'll take
something utterly different, thanks.

That said, the OP asked about a specific brand of margarine in an effort
to recreate something desired. You also can't replace margarine with
butter. Even though we all know, as outsiders, that the butter product
would be superior, in our eyes.

You can make some tasty stuff with yogurt. In certain situations
the chemical and physical properties of Crisco cannot be beat - even
though it tastes like paraffin. There's a lot of potential in vegetable
proteins structures, especially mushrooms, and I've had TVP that was
downright edible, if you were in it for the TVP and what it can do and not
trying to make beef out of it. Carob on the other hand is an abomination
and a product of bluenoses and has no place in the diet of humans or
animals.

Eric Jorgensen

wrote:

> If you read the current reports on trans fats I am certain you would
> never have a smidgen of margarine pass your lips.

Trans-fatty acids are about twice as bad for you as saturated fats. But
the reality is that the same quantity of butter has close to 3x the amount
of saturated fat as the margarine has trans-fat.

So, on the one hand, you're dead. On the other hand, you're dead. I
choose butter for it's superior flavor, and superior chemical and physical
properties. There is no health benefit, on either side of the argument.

As the labeling requirements come into effect, we will probably see
manufacturing process changes that may lead to margarine with a similar
trans-fat level to butter (which averages 0.3 grams per tablespoon). But it
will still taste like vegetable oil mixed with chemical sludge, butyric
acid, and nonfat dry milk, and it'll still separate when heated, and it'll
still have inferior emulsifying properties.

I have this philosophy that tells me it's a mistake to replace something
desired with something else that only mimics it. You can't replace butter
with anything. You can't replace the cream in your recipe with yogurt. You
can't replace chocolate chips with carob chips. You can't replace a
hamburger with a soyburger. If i can't have what i want to have, I'll take
something utterly different, thanks.

That said, the OP asked about a specific brand of margarine in an effort
to recreate something desired. You also can't replace margarine with
butter. Even though we all know, as outsiders, that the butter product
would be superior, in our eyes.

You can make some tasty stuff with yogurt. In certain situations
the chemical and physical properties of Crisco cannot be beat - even
though it tastes like paraffin. There's a lot of potential in vegetable
proteins structures, especially mushrooms, and I've had TVP that was
downright edible, if you were in it for the TVP and what it can do and not
trying to make beef out of it. Carob on the other hand is an abomination
and a product of bluenoses and has no place in the diet of humans or
animals.

Roy Basan

Petra Hildebrandt > wrote in message >...

> http://drcranton.com/nutrition/margarin.htm
>
> or try
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...386/ref=simo21
>
> The best book ever on the subject.
>
> HTH,
>
> Petra

Thanks for that link Petra….
But that paper is focused on promoting hysteria about hardened fats
and they did not mention much the other way of attaining such
modifications by intersterification.
And the development of Zero trans margarine and shortening through
that process.
Or simply describing the process as ,the rearrangement of fats
without the need of modifying the symmetry , cis and trans location as
well as converting the unsaturated fats to saturated ones( and
lowering the iodine value of the fat). The same method, in which
native pork lard can be modified to improve its functional properties
in baking and cookery application.
This paper in that link( you provided) is banking on the supposed
reputation of a respected old time oil chemist whom I labeled as a
creature of the Jurassic park of oil chemistry.
And these reports are so alarming to the layman who do not understand
about how such fats are made.
And this Erasmus fellow was magnifying the fears of hydrogenation on
fats/trans fat so that his book well sell<g> , and he used Duffon (
which I call a buffoon, a dinosaur of this subject).to show credential
to his claims..
Look oil chemist understand the fears about trans fats but they know
that hydrogenation is only one way to get things done.There are other
means, Intersterification and Genetic modification of the oil seeds(
which can be considered a lesser evil with respect to the issue of
trans fats).
BTW, you do not hydrogenate all the fat that is used in preparation of
shortenings and margarine only part of it so that when combined with
oils it will attain its plastic nature desirable in many food
applications.
Several years back, there had been a lot of studies how to make low
and zero trans margarine by interesterification( random rearrangement
of fats using traces of a sodium methylate based catalyst,(a well
known safer metallic element present in table salt) than the
exotic nickel which had sinister reputation).
Check:
G.R. List, Orthofer, T Pelloso,K Warner (2000) Preparation and
Properties of Low trans margarine and oils by Intersterification ,
Blending and Genetic modification;(226-236)monograph titled Physical
Properties of Fats and Oils and Emulsifiers edited by Neil Widlak,AOCS
( or American Association of Oil Chemists) Press Champagne Illinois
List G.R.,T.L. Mounts, F, Orthofer and W.E Neff: Margarine and
Shortening Oils by Instersterification of liquid and trisaturated
Triglycerides . J. Amer. Oil.Chem.Soc,72:379-383(1995)
Preparation of Zero trans Soybean oil Margarines( the same authors
and journal ) 383-384.
Therefore the americans are at the forefront oil chemistry
developments which Erasmus did not even consider as he selected the
facts that can highlight the importance of his claims.
BTW, just like what Eric Jorgensen has mentioned , it is true that
trans fats also occurs in natural fats but this was not considered by
many anti-trans fats authors due to their vested interests.
Roy

Roy Basan

Petra Hildebrandt > wrote in message >...

> http://drcranton.com/nutrition/margarin.htm
>
> or try
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...386/ref=simo21
>
> The best book ever on the subject.
>
> HTH,
>
> Petra

Thanks for that link Petra….
But that paper is focused on promoting hysteria about hardened fats
and they did not mention much the other way of attaining such
modifications by intersterification.
And the development of Zero trans margarine and shortening through
that process.
Or simply describing the process as ,the rearrangement of fats
without the need of modifying the symmetry , cis and trans location as
well as converting the unsaturated fats to saturated ones( and
lowering the iodine value of the fat). The same method, in which
native pork lard can be modified to improve its functional properties
in baking and cookery application.
This paper in that link( you provided) is banking on the supposed
reputation of a respected old time oil chemist whom I labeled as a
creature of the Jurassic park of oil chemistry.
And these reports are so alarming to the layman who do not understand
about how such fats are made.
And this Erasmus fellow was magnifying the fears of hydrogenation on
fats/trans fat so that his book well sell<g> , and he used Duffon (
which I call a buffoon, a dinosaur of this subject).to show credential
to his claims..
Look oil chemist understand the fears about trans fats but they know
that hydrogenation is only one way to get things done.There are other
means, Intersterification and Genetic modification of the oil seeds(
which can be considered a lesser evil with respect to the issue of
trans fats).
BTW, you do not hydrogenate all the fat that is used in preparation of
shortenings and margarine only part of it so that when combined with
oils it will attain its plastic nature desirable in many food
applications.
Several years back, there had been a lot of studies how to make low
and zero trans margarine by interesterification( random rearrangement
of fats using traces of a sodium methylate based catalyst,(a well
known safer metallic element present in table salt) than the
exotic nickel which had sinister reputation).
Check:
G.R. List, Orthofer, T Pelloso,K Warner (2000) Preparation and
Properties of Low trans margarine and oils by Intersterification ,
Blending and Genetic modification;(226-236)monograph titled Physical
Properties of Fats and Oils and Emulsifiers edited by Neil Widlak,AOCS
( or American Association of Oil Chemists) Press Champagne Illinois
List G.R.,T.L. Mounts, F, Orthofer and W.E Neff: Margarine and

Eric Jorgensen wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:48:25 -0700
> wrote:
>

>>If you read the current reports on trans fats I am certain you would
>>never have a smidgen of margarine pass your lips.

> Trans-fatty acids are about twice as bad for you as saturated fats. But
> the reality is that the same quantity of butter has close to 3x the amount
> of saturated fat as the margarine has trans-fat.
>
> So, on the one hand, you're dead. On the other hand, you're dead. I
> choose butter for it's superior flavor, and superior chemical and physical
> properties. There is no health benefit, on either side of the argument.
>
> As the labeling requirements come into effect, we will probably see
> manufacturing process changes that may lead to margarine with a similar
> trans-fat level to butter (which averages 0.3 grams per tablespoon). But it
> will still taste like vegetable oil mixed with chemical sludge, butyric
> acid, and nonfat dry milk, and it'll still separate when heated, and it'll
> still have inferior emulsifying properties.
>
> I have this philosophy that tells me it's a mistake to replace something
> desired with something else that only mimics it. You can't replace butter
> with anything. You can't replace the cream in your recipe with yogurt. You
> can't replace chocolate chips with carob chips. You can't replace a
> hamburger with a soyburger. If i can't have what i want to have, I'll take
> something utterly different, thanks.
>
> That said, the OP asked about a specific brand of margarine in an effort
> to recreate something desired. You also can't replace margarine with
> butter. Even though we all know, as outsiders, that the butter product
> would be superior, in our eyes.
>
> You can make some tasty stuff with yogurt. In certain situations
> the chemical and physical properties of Crisco cannot be beat - even
> though it tastes like paraffin. There's a lot of potential in vegetable
> proteins structures, especially mushrooms, and I've had TVP that was
> downright edible, if you were in it for the TVP and what it can do and not
> trying to make beef out of it. Carob on the other hand is an abomination
> and a product of bluenoses and has no place in the diet of humans or
> animals.

My rubric of life >>>>>
If it tastes good and you like it eat it.
I do not worry about saturated fats, too much salt, red meat or any
other kind of meat.
If I want Yogurt I eat the full version not any of fake ones.
Milk the real stuff
Cream same as above.
I love cake and ice cream together and eat it whenever it is around.
I make at least 3 pies per week with Key Lime being the favorite.
I love bread of all kinds and make my own.
Jams or all kinds are appreciated.
I also eat large amounts of all fruits and veggies.
I love baked potatoes with butter, sourcream and chives and bacon.
I have real eggs everyday with crispy hash browns, bacon or
sausage..sometimes ham and usually rye toast with marmalade or other jams.
I always have a dish of sliced oranges and bananas at breakfast also.
Occasionally we have crepe on weekends filled with blueberries and real
maple syrup.
We just don't eat Frankenfoods.
Tonights menu will be..corned beef, cabbage, carrots and potatoes. This
is served with a horseradish sauce and buere butter vegies. A nice wine
or Iced tea and for dessert we will have Key Lime Pie.
Tomorrow night is short ribs cooked all day in wine, onions, carrots,
celery and spices and with added mushrooms. This is served with big
servings of real mashed potatoes made with one cube of butter and
buttermilk. I add a few chives. I serve a nice citrus and avocado
salad with this and some nice fresh rye rolls.
Are we fat? No! We are always moving, working and walking.
We do swim several times a week but that is about it.
My parents had a similar diet and lived way into their 90's.
Enjoy life...eat.

Eric Jorgensen wrote:
> [...]

Occasionally we have crepe on weekends filled with blueberries and real
maple syrup.
We just don't eat Frankenfoods.
Tonights menu will be..corned beef, cabbage, carrots and potatoes. This
is served with a horseradish sauce and buere butter vegies. A nice wine
or Iced tea and for dessert we will have Key Lime Pie.
Tomorrow night is short ribs cooked all day in wine, onions, carrots,
celery and spices and with added mushrooms. This is served with big
servings of real mashed potatoes made with one cube of butter and
buttermilk. I add a few chives. I serve a nice citrus and avocado
salad with this and some nice fresh rye rolls.
Are we fat? No! We are always moving, working and walking.
We do swim several times a week but that is about it.
My parents had a similar diet and lived way into their 90's.
Nospam

Thank you for understanding, as did the poster who suggested a Google
search.
Bob

"Jenn Ridley" > wrote in message

>>Vox Humana wrote:

>>> similar.

>>> "just
>>>>

>>> A quick Google search shows it's still around:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ne&btnG=Search

>>Why don't you use real butter. It has no trans fats, tastes better and
>>is better for you.

> Because it's not what Mum used to use, and it won't taste "right".
> Why do you think the original poster is looking for a specific brand
> of margarine?
>
> Not everyone is looking for the technically 'best' result.
>

> jenn
> --
> Jenn Ridley :

---
http://www.grisoft.com).

Nospam

Thank you for understanding, as did the poster who suggested a Google
search.
Bob

"Jenn Ridley" > wrote in message

>>Vox Humana wrote:

>>> similar.

>>> "just
>>>>

>>> A quick Google search shows it's still around:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ne&btnG=Search

>>Why don't you use real butter. It has no trans fats, tastes better and
>>is better for you.

> Because it's not what Mum used to use, and it won't taste "right".
> Why do you think the original poster is looking for a specific brand
> of margarine?
>
> Not everyone is looking for the technically 'best' result.
>

> jenn
> --
> Jenn Ridley :

---
http://www.grisoft.com).

Dee Randall

"Roy Basan" > wrote in message
om...
> wrote in message

> > > Switching to margarine would be a fantastic diet plan for me,

because i
> > > would completely stop eating anything that i would have otherwise put
> > > butter in. Yech.
> > >

> > If you read the current reports on trans fats I am certain you would
> > never have a smidgen of margarine pass your lips.

> You should post that recent findings( I may not be aware of it ) and
> examine its contents from the scientific point of view...
> Roy

I believe it's BLUE BONNET.
I don't know if it's around anymore.In the "past" the ads for it used to be
all over TV.

To add my two cents' worth to the discussion re margarine, I first ate
margarine when one had to mix in the little container of "color" that came
with it. Yuk! Although we made our own butter on the farm, this was the
newest "fashionable" alternative to butter that had made its way all the way
to the poorest of people in the country. (I am referring to our family, not
others, whom I cannot speak for -- DISCLAIMER!) There was no reason for us
to try it, but we did. I recall that it tasted like petroleum to me as a
kid. When the scare of so many heart attacks became a "new statistic," I
stopped using butter, but now that trans-fat is the "newest statistic," I am
back to butter. Some people twist in the wind.

I envy the long list of "things" the person eats and still claims that she
is healthy and his/her family genetics are alive at 90. I've heard this so
many times, but how could it apply to the general population? I will not
use this as my guideline, tho.

So -- BLUE BONNET!

Dee

Roy Basan

(Roy Basan) wrote in message . com>...

> Check:
> G.R. List, Orthofer, T Pelloso,K Warner (2000) Preparation and
> Properties of Low trans margarine and oils by Intersterification ,
> Blending and Genetic modification;(226-236)monograph titled Physical
> Properties of Fats and Oils and Emulsifiers edited by Neil Widlak,AOCS
> ( or American Association of Oil Chemists) Press Champagne Illinois
> List G.R.,T.L. Mounts, F, Orthofer and W.E Neff: Margarine and
> Shortening Oils by Instersterification of liquid and trisaturated
> Triglycerides . J. Amer. Oil.Chem.Soc,72:379-383(1995)
> Preparation of Zero trans Soybean oil Margarines( the same authors
> and journal ) 383-384.
> Therefore the americans are at the forefront oil chemistry
> developments which Erasmus did not even consider as he selected the
> facts that can highlight the importance of his claims.
> BTW, just like what Eric Jorgensen has mentioned , it is true that
> trans fats also occurs in natural fats but this was not considered by
> many anti-trans fats authors due to their vested interests.
> Roy

An update on zero trans and low trans fats for shortening and
margarine industry
Bunge oil,is developing a low trans fats by modifying the
hydrogenation process which enabled them to reduce the trans fatty
acids by 80% ( from 25-28% to 6%).
Loaders and Crooklaan a well known fat manufacturing company in Europe
is preparing a zero trans fats.
http://www.ift.org/publications/docs.../04-04-ing.pdf
A malaysian palm oil company is also making shortening , margarine,
vanaspati that contains zero trans fats.This was made possible by
using fractionated stearin with an iodine value of around 42 to be
used as the main hardening agent in vegetable oils.
'Several models blends having a zero content of trans-fatty acids are
given in the above sections.
For convenience, they are listed here.
Shortenings - Formula 2 + 3 in Table 2
Vanaspati - Formula 2
Margerine - Formula B, C and D on Table 3,
as well as the interesterified blends shown in
Table 4 '
a puff pastry margarine containing zero trans fats was made by
combining 80 parts fractionated stearine( not hydrogenated) with 20
parts of soybean oil.
Meaning that the practicallity of the product development done by the
american authors in zero trans technology was put into action.
http://www.mpopc.org.my/abtefu2.htm
Just be reminded that milk fat( in butter and cream) and tallow
contains 5 and 6% trans fats.
Therefore it will appear that these recent developments in shortening
and margarine technology was able to provide a healthier alternative
fat than butter in terms of the complete absence of trans fats.

Roy
Roy Basan