Richard Brenton

Default Phylo

Any one used phylo dough for pie crusts?

Vox Humana

"Richard Brenton" > wrote in message
> Any one used phylo dough for pie crusts?

Have you?

Vox Humana

"Richard Brenton" > wrote in message
> Any one used phylo dough for pie crusts?

Have you?

qahtan

Have used phylo, but not for pie crust.

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "Richard Brenton" > wrote in message
> > Any one used phylo dough for pie crusts?

> Have you?

qahtan

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "Richard Brenton" > wrote in message
> > Any one used phylo dough for pie crusts?

> Have you?

qahtan

Make that , I have used phyllo, but not as pie crust.

"qahtan" > wrote in message
. ..
> Have used phylo, but not for pie crust.
>

> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Richard Brenton" > wrote in message
> > > Any one used phylo dough for pie crusts?

> > Have you?

Rina

If it can hang together for Spinach pie, why not use it for something else?

"Margaret Robinson"

> I'd wonder if it would be able to hold up against the weight of a larger
> filling.

Rina

If it can hang together for Spinach pie, why not use it for something else?

"Margaret Robinson"

> I'd wonder if it would be able to hold up against the weight of a larger
> filling.

Margaret Robinson

I've used phylo as a crust for small pie-like pastries, but nothing large.
I'd wonder if it would be able to hold up against the weight of a larger
filling. Of course in my experience of pie crust it all get crushed
eventually anyway. But then I'm not good at pie crust, which is why I often
resport to smaller pie-esque projects.

michael

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:55:57 -0700, Margaret Robinson wrote:

> But then I'm not good at pie crust, which is why I often
> resport to smaller pie-esque projects.

lol.. well what exactly is the problem with your pie-esque crusts?

michael

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:55:57 -0700, Margaret Robinson wrote:

> But then I'm not good at pie crust, which is why I often
> resport to smaller pie-esque projects.

lol.. well what exactly is the problem with your pie-esque crusts?

Margaret Robinson

I wrote: > > But then I'm not good at pie crust, which is why I often
> > resport to smaller pie-esque projects.

"michael" > wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:55:57 -0700, Margaret Robinson wrote:
>
> lol.. well what exactly is the problem with your pie-esque crusts?

I guess I over-work them. Other people get light flaky pie crusts (not just
in the commercials, either) that fluff luxuoriously about the filling. I
get limp greasy slabs of gritty dough that goes from practically raw to
burnt in a nanosecond.

Margaret

Margaret Robinson

I wrote: > > But then I'm not good at pie crust, which is why I often
> > resport to smaller pie-esque projects.

"michael" > wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:55:57 -0700, Margaret Robinson wrote:
>
> lol.. well what exactly is the problem with your pie-esque crusts?

I guess I over-work them. Other people get light flaky pie crusts (not just
in the commercials, either) that fluff luxuoriously about the filling. I
get limp greasy slabs of gritty dough that goes from practically raw to
burnt in a nanosecond.

Margaret

Margaret Robinson

I wrote: > > But then I'm not good at pie crust, which is why I often
> > resport to smaller pie-esque projects.

news