FoodBanter.com

-   -   How to Clean Microwave/Convection Oven? (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/324-how-clean-microwave-convection.html)

BMC 09-01-2004 05:45 AM

How to Clean Microwave/Convection Oven?

The other day, I melted some butter in the microwave. However, some of the
melted butter splattered inside. I tried to clean it with detergent and
water but some of the melted butter remains. When I go to use the
convection part of the oven, smoke develops while it is preheating. What
else can I do to clean it?

Vox Humana 09-01-2004 05:31 PM

"BMC" > wrote in message
> The other day, I melted some butter in the microwave. However, some of

the
> melted butter splattered inside. I tried to clean it with detergent and
> water but some of the melted butter remains. When I go to use the
> convection part of the oven, smoke develops while it is preheating. What
> else can I do to clean it?

I use Dawn Power Dissolver (supermarket isle with the dish detergent, blue
spry bottle) on my Sharp microwave convection oven. It works quite well. I
spray it and leave it for a couple of hours, then wipe clean and rinse.

BMC 10-01-2004 05:05 AM

How to Clean Microwave/Convection Oven?

Thanks!