Old 24-08-2004, 12:44 PM
The Cook

I'm glad someone else got it.
as for spam. sorry it was a one time post to an appropriate named group.

Except that it is not an appropriately named news group. Rec refers
to recreation. These groups are not geared to commercial users.
Commercial messages are considered spam in these groups.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Old 24-08-2004, 01:22 PM

Gee all someone had to do was tell me so. but NOooooooooooooooooooo ;-) it
had to get political racial and worse. do you agree?

--
"I have seen the worst that man can do.and I can still laugh loudly"
R.J. Goldman

http://www.usidfvets.com

and

http://www.stopfcc.com

Old 24-08-2004, 07:08 PM

Though I have seen many offers of sales and services in other REC. groups.
like in rec.models.scale

and I'm sure since I did get a few orders from this group that their are
professionals posting and lurking in here ..
Hell what's easier to buy kosher ready to bake foods for your store / home/
school / etc or to make them yourself??

Old 24-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Scott

In article . net,
Dave Bell wrote:

We've come perilously close to invoking Godwin's Law(q.v.) here...

Not really. No reference to Hitler or the Nazis was made, but there WAS
a post that inappropriately singled out a religious group and attacked
it with slurs. Labeling that post bigoted isn't the same as invoking
Godwin's law.

please mail OT responses only

Old 24-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Scott

Though I have seen many offers of sales and services in other REC. groups.
like in rec.models.scale

Weren't you ever told as a kid "would you follow your friends if they
jumped off a bridge?"? Just because others violate netiquette doesn't
excuse your own act.

and I'm sure since I did get a few orders from this group that their are
professionals posting and lurking in here ..

That's why spam is so popular--despite annoying 9,997 out of 10,000
people, it's a cheap and easy way to get those 3 sales. I just wish
those three people would learn not to encourage the practice. The
spammer attitude is a selfish one--"I can do whatever I want without
regard to courtesy if I benefit from it."

If it's OK for you to do it, why not others? Why, then, shouldn't
thousands of businesses deluge rec.food.baking with their advertising?
Kraft alone could post ads for dozens of brands. You're no more entitled
than they are.

Hell what's easier to buy kosher ready to bake foods for your store / home/
school / etc or to make them yourself??

Not relevant to the question of unsolicited commercial posts. Besides
which, this group is about baking, not about purchasing baked goods.

please mail OT responses only