FoodBanter.com

-   -   Stable Cream Cheese Frosting (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/32071-stable-cream-cheese-frosting.html)

Diane W. Saunders 20-08-2004 09:37 PM

Stable Cream Cheese Frosting

Is there any recipe out there in baking land for stable cream cheese
frosting?? I really don't want to use that "false" cream cheese.
While I know it does have shelf life there must be a recipe that
incorporates real cream cheese and has some stability. Thank you in
advance for your responses.

Vox Humana 21-08-2004 12:42 AM

"Diane W. Saunders" > wrote in message
om...
> Is there any recipe out there in baking land for stable cream cheese
> frosting?? I really don't want to use that "false" cream cheese.
> While I know it does have shelf life there must be a recipe that
> incorporates real cream cheese and has some stability. Thank you in
> advance for your responses.

I don't understand what you want - something that won't melt in the heat,
something that doesn't need to be refrigerated, something that you can mix
up and keep in the refrigerator of 6 weeks?

Vox Humana 21-08-2004 12:42 AM

Diane W. Saunders 21-08-2004 05:48 PM

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message >. ..
> "Diane W. Saunders" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Is there any recipe out there in baking land for stable cream cheese
> > frosting?? I really don't want to use that "false" cream cheese.
> > While I know it does have shelf life there must be a recipe that
> > incorporates real cream cheese and has some stability. Thank you in
> > advance for your responses.

> I don't understand what you want - something that won't melt in the heat,
> something that doesn't need to be refrigerated, something that you can mix
> up and keep in the refrigerator of 6 weeks?

My apologies, I was unclear. A frosting that needs to be refrigerated
that will hold up. A bonus would be not melting in the heat. Thanks
again.