Old 31-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Gloria G Cook

Ryan wrote:
Hi,

This is, I'm sure to many, a stupid question but I can't find a clear
answer elsewhere.

I am saddened to say that I have NEVER seen or eaten a "red velvet
cake". I am ordering a cake for an occasion soon and it is an option
available.

From receipes I find online, it appears to simply be a chocolate cake
with red food coloring to make it appear redish/brown.

Am I correct with that assumption?

Thanks!

Hey Ryan,
Maybe you could order a red velvet amadillo cake much like the one in
Steel Magnolias. That would be ultra sophisticated and a hit with the
crowd. only in the south.