Vox Humana

<Alan > wrote in message
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 04:22:57 GMT, Isaac Wingfield
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > "Vox Humana" > wrote:
> >
> >> "graham" > wrote in message

> >> clear

velvet

option

chocolate
> >> cake

with

IMO;

with

original

> >> I wouldn't go as far as saying it is "disgusting," but I do think it is
> >> meant to impress people by the color more than the flavor.

> >I would respectfully guess that you've never actually *had* any?
> >
> >Isaac

> I've had red velvet cake, and didn't like it. It tasted,
> well, like, uh, red food color. Not like cake.

I guess that red food coloring flavor is an acquired taste.

Vox Humana

<Alan > wrote in message
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 04:22:57 GMT, Isaac Wingfield
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > "Vox Humana" > wrote:
> >
> >> "graham" > wrote in message

> >> clear

velvet

option

chocolate
> >> cake

with

IMO;

with

original

> >> I wouldn't go as far as saying it is "disgusting," but I do think it is
> >> meant to impress people by the color more than the flavor.

> >I would respectfully guess that you've never actually *had* any?
> >
> >Isaac

> I've had red velvet cake, and didn't like it. It tasted,
> well, like, uh, red food color. Not like cake.

I guess that red food coloring flavor is an acquired taste.

Gloria G Cook

Ryan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is, I'm sure to many, a stupid question but I can't find a clear
> answer elsewhere.
>
> I am saddened to say that I have NEVER seen or eaten a "red velvet
> cake". I am ordering a cake for an occasion soon and it is an option
> available.
>
> From receipes I find online, it appears to simply be a chocolate cake
> with red food coloring to make it appear redish/brown.
>
> Am I correct with that assumption?
>
> Thanks!

Hey Ryan,
Maybe you could order a red velvet amadillo cake much like the one in
Steel Magnolias. That would be ultra sophisticated and a hit with the
crowd. only in the south.

Gloria G Cook