Denise

Default not exactly baking. . .

.. . . but I'm looking for a chocolate mold of a guitar - preferably an
electric one. I've Googled it with not much luck. I found one electric
guitar, but they don't sell the mold; only the finished product. There's
one on ebay, but it's not electric.
Any suggestions??

--

Denise

~~ Life is a perfect song with a fractured beat - RS ~~
~~ I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away - RW ~~

H. W. Hans Kuntze

Denise wrote:

>.. . . but I'm looking for a chocolate mold of a guitar - preferably an
>electric one. I've Googled it with not much luck. I found one electric=

>guitar, but they don't sell the mold; only the finished product. There'=

>one on ebay, but it's not electric.
>Any suggestions??
>
> =20

http://www.candylandcrafts.com/Catalog/jobsj6.htm

http://www.candylandcrafts.com/Catal...s/jobsj6-1.jpg

--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef<AT>cmcchef.com
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/=20

Vox Humana

"Denise" > wrote in message
> . . . but I'm looking for a chocolate mold of a guitar - preferably an
> electric one. I've Googled it with not much luck. I found one electric
> guitar, but they don't sell the mold; only the finished product. There's
> one on ebay, but it's not electric.
> Any suggestions??

Are you looking for a 3D, hollow mold?

Denise

That's It! Thanks SO much!!!! You're better than Google!

--

"H. W. Hans Kuntze" > wrote in message
Denise wrote:

>.. . . but I'm looking for a chocolate mold of a guitar - preferably an
>electric one. I've Googled it with not much luck. I found one electric
>guitar, but they don't sell the mold; only the finished product. There's
>one on ebay, but it's not electric.
>Any suggestions??

http://www.candylandcrafts.com/Catalog/jobsj6.htm

http://www.candylandcrafts.com/Catal...s/jobsj6-1.jpg

--
Sincerly,

C=¦-)§ H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef<AT>cmcchef.com
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

Denise

I'm not sure what you mean. Just a mold to make a chocolate guitar

--

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "Denise" > wrote in message
> > . . . but I'm looking for a chocolate mold of a guitar - preferably an
> > electric one. I've Googled it with not much luck. I found one electric
> > guitar, but they don't sell the mold; only the finished product.

There's
> > one on ebay, but it's not electric.
> > Any suggestions??
> >

> Are you looking for a 3D, hollow mold?

Vox Humana

"Denise" > wrote in message
> I'm not sure what you mean. Just a mold to make a chocolate guitar

There are two piece chocolate molds that can be used to make a 3D casting.
One normally fills them with tempered chocolate and lets the excess drain.
When the chocolate hardens, the mold is opened and you get a hollow, cast
chocolate item -- think hollow Easter Bunny. There are also flat molds like
Hans showed you.

In any case, remember that you will have to temper the chocolate or your
guitar will turn out dull and get gray spots on it. This process is called
"blooming" and is caused by the cocoa butter coming to the surface of the
chocolate. If the guitar is just a minor part of your display and you don't
want to temper the chocolate, you might considers using chocolate flavored
confectioner's coating. It's not nearly as delicious as real chocolate, but
it doesn't have to be tempered.

> --
>

> Denise
>
> ~~ Life is a perfect song with a fractured beat - RS ~~
> ~~ I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away - RW ~~
>

> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Denise" > wrote in message
> > > . . . but I'm looking for a chocolate mold of a guitar - preferably an
> > > electric one. I've Googled it with not much luck. I found one

electric
> > > guitar, but they don't sell the mold; only the finished product.

> There's
> > > one on ebay, but it's not electric.
> > > Any suggestions??
> > >

> > Are you looking for a 3D, hollow mold?

Roy Basan

"Denise" > wrote in message >. ..
> . . . but I'm looking for a chocolate mold of a guitar - preferably an
> electric one. I've Googled it with not much luck. I found one electric
> guitar, but they don't sell the mold; only the finished product. There's
> one on ebay, but it's not electric.
> Any suggestions??

I am surprised with such unique request for chocolate moulds.
A chocolate mould for electric guitar is difficult the obtain. Unless
you have a specimen of that instrument and make an impression on a
mouldable or plastic material which can be hardened to set the
design on.
But I do not see the significance of the preciseness of just using an
electric guitar. If you understand the instrument even an acoustic
guitar can be made into an electric adding such accessories to it.
Therefore if you can find a mould for an acoustic guitar and modifying
the facade of the cast guitar by attaching a shaped moulding chocolate
to a approximate the real instrument; then that would be easier.
I do not understand either that why the chocolate electric guitar
should be as real as possible. Are you planning to place guitar
strings on it and play
the tunes of the Bruce Springsteet<g>?.
Denise

I did not know this. Truth be told, I've never "made" chocolate before. I
think I'll have to do a bit more research before I just melt chocolate and
pour it into the mold, huh?
(And a 2-D one that Hans shows me is what I was looking for. That was hard
enough to find!)

--

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "Denise" > wrote in message
> > I'm not sure what you mean. Just a mold to make a chocolate guitar

> There are two piece chocolate molds that can be used to make a 3D casting.
> One normally fills them with tempered chocolate and lets the excess drain.
> When the chocolate hardens, the mold is opened and you get a hollow, cast
> chocolate item -- think hollow Easter Bunny. There are also flat molds

like
> Hans showed you.
>
> In any case, remember that you will have to temper the chocolate or your
> guitar will turn out dull and get gray spots on it. This process is

called
> "blooming" and is caused by the cocoa butter coming to the surface of the
> chocolate. If the guitar is just a minor part of your display and you

don't
> want to temper the chocolate, you might considers using chocolate flavored
> confectioner's coating. It's not nearly as delicious as real chocolate,

but
> it doesn't have to be tempered.
>

> > --
> >

> > Denise
> >
> > ~~ Life is a perfect song with a fractured beat - RS ~~
> > ~~ I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away - RW ~~

an

> electric

> > There's
> > > >

> > > Are you looking for a 3D, hollow mold?

Denise

I want to make it as a gift for someone who plays guitar and he plays mostly
electric guitar. I wasn't that thrilled with how the acoustic guitar molds
looked. It would just make it that much better. And it's not Bruce
Springsteen, but you're pretty damn close!!

--

Denise

~~ Life is a perfect song with a fractured beat - RS ~~
~~ I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away - RW ~~

"Roy Basan" > wrote in message
om...
> "Denise" > wrote in message

>. ..
> > . . . but I'm looking for a chocolate mold of a guitar - preferably an
> > electric one. I've Googled it with not much luck. I found one electric
> > guitar, but they don't sell the mold; only the finished product.

There's
> > one on ebay, but it's not electric.
> > Any suggestions??

> I am surprised with such unique request for chocolate moulds.
> A chocolate mould for electric guitar is difficult the obtain. Unless
> you have a specimen of that instrument and make an impression on a
> mouldable or plastic material which can be hardened to set the
> design on.
> But I do not see the significance of the preciseness of just using an
> electric guitar. If you understand the instrument even an acoustic
> guitar can be made into an electric adding such accessories to it.
> Therefore if you can find a mould for an acoustic guitar and modifying
> the facade of the cast guitar by attaching a shaped moulding chocolate
> to a approximate the real instrument; then that would be easier.
> I do not understand either that why the chocolate electric guitar
> should be as real as possible. Are you planning to place guitar
> strings on it and play
> the tunes of the Bruce Springsteet<g>?.

Denise

Great! Thanks!!!

--

Denise

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "Denise" > wrote in message
> > I did not know this. Truth be told, I've never "made" chocolate before.

> > think I'll have to do a bit more research before I just melt chocolate

and
> > pour it into the mold, huh?
> > (And a 2-D one that Hans shows me is what I was looking for. That was

> hard
> > enough to find!)

> You might want to take a look at this:
> http://www.baking911.com/chocolate_melt_temper.htm

> > > There are two piece chocolate molds that can be used to make a 3D

> casting.
> > > One normally fills them with tempered chocolate and lets the excess

> drain.
> > > When the chocolate hardens, the mold is opened and you get a hollow,

> cast
> > > chocolate item -- think hollow Easter Bunny. There are also flat

molds
> > like
> > > Hans showed you.
> > >
> > > In any case, remember that you will have to temper the chocolate or

your
> > > guitar will turn out dull and get gray spots on it. This process is

> > called
> > > "blooming" and is caused by the cocoa butter coming to the surface of

> the
> > > chocolate. If the guitar is just a minor part of your display and you

> > don't
> > > want to temper the chocolate, you might considers using chocolate

> flavored
> > > confectioner's coating. It's not nearly as delicious as real

chocolate,
> > but
> > > it doesn't have to be tempered.

> preferably
> > an
> > > electric

Vox Humana

"Denise" > wrote in message
> I did not know this. Truth be told, I've never "made" chocolate before.

> think I'll have to do a bit more research before I just melt chocolate and
> pour it into the mold, huh?
> (And a 2-D one that Hans shows me is what I was looking for. That was

hard
> enough to find!)

You might want to take a look at this:
http://www.baking911.com/chocolate_melt_temper.htm

> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Denise" > wrote in message
> > > I'm not sure what you mean. Just a mold to make a chocolate guitar

> > There are two piece chocolate molds that can be used to make a 3D

casting.
> > One normally fills them with tempered chocolate and lets the excess

drain.
> > When the chocolate hardens, the mold is opened and you get a hollow,

cast
> > chocolate item -- think hollow Easter Bunny. There are also flat molds

> like
> > Hans showed you.
> >
> > In any case, remember that you will have to temper the chocolate or your
> > guitar will turn out dull and get gray spots on it. This process is

> called
> > "blooming" and is caused by the cocoa butter coming to the surface of

the
> > chocolate. If the guitar is just a minor part of your display and you

> don't
> > want to temper the chocolate, you might considers using chocolate

flavored
> > confectioner's coating. It's not nearly as delicious as real chocolate,

> but
> > it doesn't have to be tempered.
> >

> > > --
> > >

> > > Denise
> > >
> > > ~~ Life is a perfect song with a fractured beat - RS ~~
> > > ~~ I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away - RW ~~

preferably
> an

> > electric
> > > There's

H. W. Hans Kuntze

Denise wrote:

>Great! Thanks!!!
>
> =20

Just in case the website has too much info, Denise. :-)

THE TEMPERING OF CHOCOLATE

1. Melt the chocolate over gentle heat until it reaches a temperature of =

110=B0F - 43=B0 C). Melt white and milk chocolate to a temperature slight=
ly=20
less, depending on the amount of milk fat they contain. Do not allow any =

moisture to get into the chocolate if using a water bath. Beware of=20
water vapors, drips.

2. On a cold table or marble surface pour 2/3 of the melted chocolate=20
onto the cold table. Spread out the chocolate mass and work with a=20
spatula until the temperature of the chocolate is approximately 80=B0 F=20
(27=B0 C).

3. Add the tempered chocolate to the non-tempered chocolate and mix=20
thoroughly until the mass in the bowl has a completely uniform=20
Temperature. If the temperature is still too high, part of the chocolate =

should be further worked on the cold table until the correct temperature =

is reached.

4. Tempering can also be carried out by adding stable crystals to the=20
melted chocolate. Callebaut manufactures chocolate in a convenient=20
small, round particles for this process. This chocolate is known as=20
CALETS. The quantity of Calets to be added depends on the temperature of =

the melted chocolate and on the temperature of the Calets. The Calets=20
should generally be used at room temperature.

5. A simple method of checking tempering is by applying a small quantity =

of chocolate to a piece of paper or to the point of a knife. If the=20
chocolate has been correctly tempered it will harden evenly and show a=20
good gloss within five minutes.

6. The ideal temperature of the workshop should be less than 70=B0 F (21=B0=
=20
C). The temperature of the candies and fillings to be coated should be=20
as close as possible to the temperature of the coating chocolate. If the =

temperature of the candies or filling varies too much from that of the=20
chocolate, the crystallization of the cocoa butter will be adversely=20
affected. This will result in a product which is dull and is less=20
resistant to heat.

7. The temperature of the molds should be as close as possible to that=20
of the workshop without being less, approximately 68=B0 F (20=B0 C). If=20
necessary, the molds can be warmed slightly. Take care that the=20
temperature of the molds does not exceed that of the tempered chocolate. =

Using molds that are at the proper temperature will result in the best=20
possible gloss for the finished product.

Important note:

During use the tempered chocolate in the bowl may thicken further. This=20
is the result of the rapid growth in the size of the cocoa butter=20
crystals. This thickening of the chocolate can be prevented by adding a=20
small quantity of warm chocolate or by increasing the temperature of the =

chocolate slightly.

As with raw chocolate, the finished product is also susceptible to=20
temperature, external odors and flavorings, air and light, moisture, and =

time. It is important that the finished products are preserved in ideal=20
conditions. Only perfect storage will guarantee the original chocolate=20
properties and will avoid decay or undesired features.

Typical problems affecting chocolate products during storage a

Fatbloom
When a thin layer of cocoa butter crystals forms on the surface of the=20
chocolate. This will cause the chocolate to lose its gloss and a soft=20
white layer will appear, giving the finished article an unappetizing=20
look. Fatbloom is caused by the recrystallization of the fats and/or a=20
migration of cocoa butter to the chocolate layer. Storage at a constant=20
temperature will delay the appearance of fatbloom. =20

Sugarbloom
This is a rough and irregular layer on top of the chocolate. Sugarbloom=20
is caused by condensation (when the chocolate is taken out of the=20
refrigerator).This moisture will dissolve the sugar in the chocolate.=20
When the water evaporates afterwards, the sugar recrystallizes into=20
rough, irregular crystals on the surface. This gives the chocolate an=20
unpleasant look. You can prevent sugarbloom by preventing temperature=20
shocks. When the chocolate comes out of a cold room, it should be stored =

in a warm area long enough before opening the package to keep direct=20
condensation from forming.

The following factors should be taken into account:

Time
The shorter the period of storage, the better the quality of the=20
product. Use the first in/first out system to ensure that products that=20
arrived first are dispatched first. In this way, products are stored for =

as short a time as possible. Consequently, optimal freshness is=20
guaranteed. =20

Temperature
The ideal storage temperature for chocolate is between 54=B0 and 68=B0F (=
12=B0=20
and 20=B0C). At higher temperatures, the chocolate will soften and will=20
lose its gloss. Lower storage temperatures are less risky. When products =

are brought to room temperature, condensation should be avoided,=20
otherwise sugarbloom will arise. Fluctuating temps. should also be=20
avoided, because they will accelerate the appearance of fatbloom.

Environment
Chocolate is very sensitive towards odors. That is one of the reasons=20
why chocolate should be stored in a place free of stuffy or strange=20
odors and with a good air flow. Chocolate should not be stored next to=20
or between strong-smelling products. The packaging of chocolate products =

needs to be fully neutral. This means that the material may not give off =

any odor.

Light and Air
Under the influence of light and air, chocolate will oxidize more=20
quickly and deteriorate in taste. Therefore, it is very important to=20
protect the chocolate from light and air as much as possible by storing=20
it in closed packaging. Dark and milk chocolate naturally contain=20
anti-oxidant (these are agents that slow down the oxidation process).=20
White chocolate does not contain these substances. That is the reason=20
why white chocolate is much more sensitive towards oxidation than dark=20
or milk chocolate. White chocolate should be better protected.

Humidity
Chocolate should be protected against humidity. Chocolate should be=20
stored in an area where the maximum relative humidity is 70%.
=20
POSSIBLE DIFFICULTIES:

THE PROBLEM - ORIGIN REMEDY =20

Difficulty unmolding The coating was incorrectly tempered See=20
tempering
The coating was too thin use a less liquid=20
coating
The cooling temperature was too high See cooling
Whitening of chocolate The coating was incorrectly tempered See=20
tempering
The coating solidifies too slowly See cooling
Overcrystallized chocolate See tempering
Cracking when molding The refrigerator was too cold See cooling=

The coating was too thin and cooled too quickly
Dull stains on candies The molds were too cold See temp. of mol=
ds
=
=20

THE PROBLEM - ORIGIN REMEDY

Thickening of coating while working Increase the temperature slightly

Excessive crystallization in the chocolate Add a small quantity of=20
warmer chocolate
DO NOT ADD EXTRA COCOA BUTTER =20
=20

No gloss following enrobing
The filling was too cold See temperature of fillings
The workshop was too cold See temp. of workshop
The coating was not tempered See tempering

Fingerprints on finished products
The product was touched with warm or moist fingers Make sure hands=20
are dry
Use gloves when necessary

=20

--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef<AT>cmcchef.com
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/=20

Scott

In article >,
"H. W. Hans Kuntze" > wrote:

> 2. On a cold table or marble surface pour 2/3 of the melted chocolate
> onto the cold table. Spread out the chocolate mass and work with a
> spatula until the temperature of the chocolate is approximately 80° F
> (27° C).

How do you estimate the temperature? I was wondering if the chocolate
layer is too thin for a either a candy or probe thermometer to work.

please mail OT responses only
H. W. Hans Kuntze

Scott wrote:

>In article >,
> "H. W. Hans Kuntze" > wrote:
>
> =20
>
>>2. On a cold table or marble surface pour 2/3 of the melted chocolate=20
>>onto the cold table. Spread out the chocolate mass and work with a=20
>>spatula until the temperature of the chocolate is approximately 80=B0 F=

=20
>>(27=B0 C).
>> =20
>>

>How do you estimate the temperature? I was wondering if the chocolate=20
>layer is too thin for a either a candy or probe thermometer to work.

Augenmass & Handgewicht, Scott.

The experience and viscosity will tell you.
The warmer the couverture, the thinner.
At 80=B0 F it starts to get thick. Time to reheat to working temp (no hot=
=20
lips) and start using.

There are no pastry chefs running around with thermometer when tabling=20
couverture for tempering.

As you already noted & observed, it would be impossible. :-)

--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef<AT>cmcchef.com
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/=20

Denise

Thanks everyone for your help!

--

Denise wrote:

>Great! Thanks!!!

Just in case the website has too much info, Denise. :-)

THE TEMPERING OF CHOCOLATE

1. Melt the chocolate over gentle heat until it reaches a temperature of
110°F - 43° C). Melt white and milk chocolate to a temperature slightly
[...]

6. The ideal temperature of the workshop should be less than 70° F (21°
C). The temperature of the candies and fillings to be coated should be
as close as possible to the temperature of the coating chocolate. If the
temperature of the candies or filling varies too much from that of the
chocolate, the crystallization of the cocoa butter will be adversely
affected. This will result in a product which is dull and is less
resistant to heat.

7. The temperature of the molds should be as close as possible to that
of the workshop without being less, approximately 68° F (20° C). If
[...]

guaranteed.

Temperature
The ideal storage temperature for chocolate is between 54° and 68°F (12°
and 20°C). At higher temperatures, the chocolate will soften and will
[...]

Darrell Grainger

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Denise wrote:

> . . . but I'm looking for a chocolate mold of a guitar - preferably an
> electric one. I've Googled it with not much luck. I found one electric
> guitar, but they don't sell the mold; only the finished product. There's
> one on ebay, but it's not electric.
> Any suggestions??

We have a chain of stores in my area called BulkBarn. It is a store than
sells bulk foods. It is a great place to get baking supplies and they rent
and sell molds. You might be able to find a bulk food store in your area
that does the same thing.

Don't send e-mail to