McGuirk1

Default Anyone use Exopat nonstick baking sheets?

Hello...I saw these on Amazon.com and they sounded interesting. They measure 16
1/2 x 11 5/8. My favorite cookie sheets (Airbake) measure 15 x 14.
I pulled out every cookie sheet I own and nothing comes close to the Exopat
measurements. Does anyone know of a sheet that would fit these mats?
Thank you.
chef_riggy

Yup! I use them every day (well, almost) at work. The big ones are for the
full size sheet pan (18x26) and the small ones are for the half-sixe sheet
pan (13x18). These are commercial size pans available at your local
restaurant supply dealer. You could (almost) pour molten lava on these
things with no harm to them, and it would not stick. I use them for
sugarcrafting and tuilles.

"McGuirk1" > wrote in message
> Hello...I saw these on Amazon.com and they sounded interesting. They

measure 16
> 1/2 x 11 5/8. My favorite cookie sheets (Airbake) measure 15 x 14.
> I pulled out every cookie sheet I own and nothing comes close to the

Exopat
> measurements. Does anyone know of a sheet that would fit these mats?
> Thank you.

Darrell Grainger

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, McGuirk1 wrote:

> Hello...I saw these on Amazon.com and they sounded interesting. They
> measure 16 1/2 x 11 5/8. My favorite cookie sheets (Airbake) measure 15
> x 14. I pulled out every cookie sheet I own and nothing comes close to
> the Exopat measurements. Does anyone know of a sheet that would fit
> these mats? Thank you.

They are probably designed for a half-sheet. I believe the half-sheet is
18x12 (or something like that). I use the Silpat brand; they are available
locally. My Silpats are slightly smaller than the sheet. You can use
anything bigger than 17x12 and just use the 16 1/2 x 11 5/8 for baking.

By the way, I love my Silpat. I've been told there is little difference
between it and the Exopat.

Don't send e-mail to
lisa flack

I found a Half-Sheet Pan in the www.bakerscatalogue.com, by King Arthur
Flour. It measures (inside) 16 1/2 x 11 3/4. I also found at Linen and
Things, a local store, that Chicago Metallic makes several different size
pans. You could try their website. I bought the Silpat mat for making
cookies, but I have never heard of Exopat..........I'll have to check it
out.
"McGuirk1" > wrote in message
> Hello...I saw these on Amazon.com and they sounded interesting. They

measure 16
> 1/2 x 11 5/8. My favorite cookie sheets (Airbake) measure 15 x 14.
> I pulled out every cookie sheet I own and nothing comes close to the

Exopat
> measurements. Does anyone know of a sheet that would fit these mats?
> Thank you.

Vox Humana

"lisa flack" > wrote in message
> I found a Half-Sheet Pan in the www.bakerscatalogue.com, by King Arthur
> Flour. It measures (inside) 16 1/2 x 11 3/4. I also found at Linen and
> Things, a local store, that Chicago Metallic makes several different size
> pans. You could try their website. I bought the Silpat mat for making
> cookies, but I have never heard of Exopat..........I'll have to check it
> out.

Same thing, different brand name.

lisa flack

I went to the check these out on Amazon and they are a bit more costwise
than if you got a Silpat. It serves the same purpose of preventing the
cookies from sticking, but is only about $20 at the following stores:
Linen and Things
Bed, Bath and Beyond
OR
online @ www.bakerscatalogue.com. This place also charges by weight rather
than purchase amount. They are located in VT. So if you are nearby, it is
pretty cheap. Unfortunately, I'm in CA, so it is a bit higher for me.
"McGuirk1" > wrote in message
> Hello...I saw these on Amazon.com and they sounded interesting. They

measure 16
> 1/2 x 11 5/8. My favorite cookie sheets (Airbake) measure 15 x 14.
> I pulled out every cookie sheet I own and nothing comes close to the

Exopat
> measurements. Does anyone know of a sheet that would fit these mats?
> Thank you.

Boron Elgar

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:41:11 -0800, "lisa flack" >
wrote:

>I went to the check these out on Amazon and they are a bit more costwise
>than if you got a Silpat. It serves the same purpose of preventing the
>cookies from sticking, but is only about $20 at the following stores:
>Linen and Things
>Bed, Bath and Beyond
>OR
>online @ www.bakerscatalogue.com. This place also charges by weight rather
>than purchase amount. They are located in VT. So if you are nearby, it is
>pretty cheap. Unfortunately, I'm in CA, so it is a bit higher for me.
>"McGuirk1" > wrote in message
>> Hello...I saw these on Amazon.com and they sounded interesting. They

>measure 16
>> 1/2 x 11 5/8. My favorite cookie sheets (Airbake) measure 15 x 14.
>> I pulled out every cookie sheet I own and nothing comes close to the

>Exopat
>> measurements. Does anyone know of a sheet that would fit these mats?
>> Thank you.

Go a huntin' on eBay for them.

boron