FoodBanter.com

-   -   Substitution possible? Cream of Wheat for Semola (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/30145-substitution-possible-cream-wheat.html)

Catmother 03-08-2004 08:27 PM

Substitution possible? Cream of Wheat for Semola

I have a couple of recipes calling for semola--semolina, but not the
finely ground semolina/pasta flour that I have. Can't find semola here
in Baton Rouge. It is described as coarse and it occurred to me that
perhaps Cream of Wheat might work. Does anyone have experience with
semola and if so, is it indeed similar to CoW? Thanks.

Dave Bell 03-08-2004 09:30 PM

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Catmother wrote:

> I have a couple of recipes calling for semola--semolina, but not the
> finely ground semolina/pasta flour that I have. Can't find semola here
> in Baton Rouge. It is described as coarse and it occurred to me that
> perhaps Cream of Wheat might work. Does anyone have experience with
> semola and if so, is it indeed similar to CoW? Thanks.

I use it, or since I'm allergic to wheat, Cream of Rice. It works where
you'd want a coarse meal like polenta...

Dave

Dave Bell 03-08-2004 09:30 PM