Old 01-01-2004, 11:26 PM
gw

Default Tiles cause oven temp difference?

Just to throw a monkey wrench into this conversation--
has anyone seen the tile "oven" in the Baker's Catalogue for the Christmas
and January issues? It fits over the rack and on each side of the oven, and
looks to be a huge heat sink.
It also appears to literally fit into the oven permanently, and is very
massive, (one buys the fixture which fits the best into your own oven).
It looks like it would indeed make better bread, or pizza, (they give away a
copy of Reinhart's "American Pie" with each fixture). But it is even larger
than the quarry tiles.
I just use the pan with the holes in the bottom. I don't have to mess with
the oven, other than putting foil on the shelf below, and the oven works the
same as always. I think sometimes technology can get ahold of one to the
point where it loses it's edge, you know?
But then, I am basically too lazy to work too hard at anything--
gw

Old 02-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Kenneth

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 17:26:52 -0600, "gw" wrote:

[...]

Howdy,

I have seen the unit, but wondered why one would buy one when about
$2.00 worth of firebricks would do the same thing...

All the best,

--
Kenneth

Old 02-01-2004, 05:38 AM
gw

sort of my reaction, I must admit!
gw

Howdy,

I have seen the unit, but wondered why one would buy one when about
$2.00 worth of firebricks would do the same thing...

Oven temp help theChas. General Cooking 5 30-03-2008 06:47 PM
Oven temp Walden Manor, including Chip, Skipper, Sky, Sue Sourdough 2 06-12-2006 05:50 PM
OVEN TEMP PUZZLE General Cooking 3 22-03-2005 11:28 PM
Tiles cause oven temp difference? Peter Cook General Cooking 18 02-01-2004 05:38 AM
Tiles cause oven temp difference? Peter Cook Cooking Equipment 16 02-01-2004 05:38 AM