Stelios Iko

Default Glucose and light corn syrup

Wondering if these are interchangeable in recipes.

Have lots of american recipes using corn syrup but this is not available
where i live.

thnx

Griego

jlh

Yes, pretty well.

jlh

Yes, pretty well.

Eric Jorgensen

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:03:58 +0300
"Stelios Iko" > wrote:

> Wondering if these are interchangeable in recipes.
>
> Have lots of american recipes using corn syrup but this is not available
> where i live.

Yes, the glucose syrup you can buy in the EU is essentially expensive
corn syrup. Thing is there are import restrictions on 'corn syrup' but not
on 'glucose syrup' which is just, corn syrup. Possibly a little more
refined.
Eric Jorgensen

"Stelios Iko" > wrote:

> Wondering if these are interchangeable in recipes.
>
> Have lots of american recipes using corn syrup but this is not available
> where i live.

Yes, the glucose syrup you can buy in the EU is essentially expensive
corn syrup. Thing is there are import restrictions on 'corn syrup' but not
on 'glucose syrup' which is just, corn syrup. Possibly a little more
refined.

Vox Humana

"Stelios Iko" > wrote in message
> Wondering if these are interchangeable in recipes.
>
> Have lots of american recipes using corn syrup but this is not available
> where i live.

I have a conversion somewhere. As I recall, you have to add water (20%?) to
dilute the glucose. If you want, I will look it up for you.

Vox Humana

"Stelios Iko" > wrote in message
> Wondering if these are interchangeable in recipes.
>
> Have lots of american recipes using corn syrup but this is not available
> where i live.

I have a conversion somewhere. As I recall, you have to add water (20%?) to
dilute the glucose. If you want, I will look it up for you.

Vox Humana

"Stelios Iko" > wrote in message
> Wondering if these are interchangeable in recipes.
>
> Have lots of american recipes using corn syrup but this is not available
> where i live.

I have a conversion somewhere. As I recall, you have to add water (20%?) to
dilute the glucose. If you want, I will look it up for you.

Stelios Iko

Hi Vox!

Could you please look that conversion up for me?
Thnx

Ο "Vox Humana" > έγραψε στο μήνυμα

> "Stelios Iko" > wrote in message
> > Wondering if these are interchangeable in recipes.
> >
> > Have lots of american recipes using corn syrup but this is not available
> > where i live.
> >

> I have a conversion somewhere. As I recall, you have to add water (20%?)

> dilute the glucose. If you want, I will look it up for you.

Stelios Iko