Old 30-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Stelios Iko

Default Glucose and light corn syrup

Wondering if these are interchangeable in recipes.

Have lots of american recipes using corn syrup but this is not available
where i live.

thnx

Griego

Old 30-07-2004, 09:27 PM
jlh

Yes, pretty well.

Old 30-07-2004, 09:27 PM
jlh

Yes, pretty well.

Old 30-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Eric Jorgensen

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:03:58 +0300
"Stelios Iko" wrote:

Wondering if these are interchangeable in recipes.

Have lots of american recipes using corn syrup but this is not available
where i live.

Yes, the glucose syrup you can buy in the EU is essentially expensive
corn syrup. Thing is there are import restrictions on 'corn syrup' but not
on 'glucose syrup' which is just, corn syrup. Possibly a little more
refined.

Old 31-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Vox Humana

"Stelios Iko" wrote in message
Wondering if these are interchangeable in recipes.

Have lots of american recipes using corn syrup but this is not available
where i live.

I have a conversion somewhere. As I recall, you have to add water (20%?) to
dilute the glucose. If you want, I will look it up for you.

Old 31-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Stelios Iko

Hi Vox!

Could you please look that conversion up for me?
Thnx

Ο "Vox Humana" έγραψε στο μήνυμα