FoodBanter.com

-   -   Glucose and light corn syrup (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/29735-glucose-light-corn-syrup.html)

Stelios Iko 30-07-2004 09:03 PM

Glucose and light corn syrup

Wondering if these are interchangeable in recipes.

Have lots of american recipes using corn syrup but this is not available
where i live.

thnx

Griego

jlh 30-07-2004 09:27 PM

Glucose and light corn syrup

Yes, pretty well.

jlh 30-07-2004 09:27 PM

Eric Jorgensen 30-07-2004 09:32 PM

Glucose and light corn syrup

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:03:58 +0300
"Stelios Iko" > wrote:

> Wondering if these are interchangeable in recipes.
>
> Have lots of american recipes using corn syrup but this is not available
> where i live.

Yes, the glucose syrup you can buy in the EU is essentially expensive
corn syrup. Thing is there are import restrictions on 'corn syrup' but not
on 'glucose syrup' which is just, corn syrup. Possibly a little more
refined.

Eric Jorgensen 30-07-2004 09:32 PM

Vox Humana 31-07-2004 01:26 AM

"Stelios Iko" > wrote in message
> Wondering if these are interchangeable in recipes.
>
> Have lots of american recipes using corn syrup but this is not available
> where i live.

I have a conversion somewhere. As I recall, you have to add water (20%?) to
dilute the glucose. If you want, I will look it up for you.

Vox Humana 31-07-2004 01:26 AM

Vox Humana 31-07-2004 01:26 AM

Stelios Iko 31-07-2004 05:15 PM

Glucose and light corn syrup

Hi Vox!

Could you please look that conversion up for me?
Thnx

Ο "Vox Humana" > έγραψε στο μήνυμα

Stelios Iko 31-07-2004 05:15 PM