Dora Allan

Default Cheesecake

Could someone be kind enough to tell me how to make a cheesecake that
does not crack. I have a wonderful recipe for cheesecake and everyone
loves it.
The recipe I have calls for the 5 eggs to be separated , adding the
yolks to the cream cheese and sugar, then blending in the whipped whites
with the sour cream. The baking process calls for one hour at 300 and
one hour with the oven turned off and then half hour with he door open.
I believe this is to allow the cake to cool gradually. Wonderful cake
but it always cracks down the middle and I would love to know how others
make such a perfect cake. Thanks for any suggestions

THE ROSE

Sarah Merchant

This is a no bake one. Really simple and one of the best tasting I have ever
had.
Sarah

Cherry Cheesecake

16 ounces cream cheese
14 pounce sweetened condensed milk
1-2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
1 can cherry pie filling
1 graham cracker pie crust (larger crust is better)

Mix the cream cheese, condensed milk, vanilla and lemon juice with an
electric mixer and put into the graham cracker pie crust. Pour cherry pie
filling over the top. Store in the refrigerator.

On 10/8/03 11:25 PM, in article
, "Dora Allan"
> wrote:

> Could someone be kind enough to tell me how to make a cheesecake that
> does not crack. I have a wonderful recipe for cheesecake and everyone
> loves it.
> The recipe I have calls for the 5 eggs to be separated , adding the
> yolks to the cream cheese and sugar, then blending in the whipped whites
> with the sour cream. The baking process calls for one hour at 300 and
> one hour with the oven turned off and then half hour with he door open.
> I believe this is to allow the cake to cool gradually. Wonderful cake
> but it always cracks down the middle and I would love to know how others
> make such a perfect cake. Thanks for any suggestions
>
> THE ROSE

MH

"Dora Allan" > wrote in message
> Could someone be kind enough to tell me how to make a cheesecake that
> does not crack. I have a wonderful recipe for cheesecake and everyone
> loves it.
> The recipe I have calls for the 5 eggs to be separated , adding the
> yolks to the cream cheese and sugar, then blending in the whipped whites
> with the sour cream. The baking process calls for one hour at 300 and
> one hour with the oven turned off and then half hour with he door open.
> I believe this is to allow the cake to cool gradually. Wonderful cake
> but it always cracks down the middle and I would love to know how others
> make such a perfect cake. Thanks for any suggestions
>
> THE ROSE

Usually, when a cheesecake cracks, it means it's been baking too long. Try
baking it for a little less time, like 50 minutes, then turning off the oven
and allow it to sit for a full hour in the oven before taking it out.

Martha

SCUBApix

"Dora Allan" > wrote in message
> Could someone be kind enough to tell me how to make a cheesecake that
> does not crack. I have a wonderful recipe for cheesecake and everyone
> loves it.
> The recipe I have calls for the 5 eggs to be separated , adding the
> yolks to the cream cheese and sugar, then blending in the whipped whites
> with the sour cream. The baking process calls for one hour at 300 and
> one hour with the oven turned off and then half hour with he door open.
> I believe this is to allow the cake to cool gradually. Wonderful cake
> but it always cracks down the middle and I would love to know how others
> make such a perfect cake. Thanks for any suggestions

My cheesecake never cracks. I use a bainne marie (sp?) or water bath. Just
find a pan larger than your cheesecake pan and put the cheesecake pan in it.
The add boiling water about half way up the sides of the cheesecake pan. Pop
it in the oven.

Rather than timing it, around the 50 minute mark, start checking by opening
the oven and gently shaking the cheesecake pan. If the outside is set and
the middle inch or so still jiggles, its done. DO NOT BAKE UNTIL FULLY SET!
When you reach the juggle stage, turn off the oven and use a wooden handled
spoon (or equivalent) to prop open the oven door. Let this go for an hour
more. Then take out the cheesecake from the water bath and let it cool on a
rack. Then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.

Note: Use foil arund the outside of the cheesecake pan if it has a seperate
bottom and side to make sure water doesn't seep in while baking.

Snowfeet1

Be sure and wrap your pan with a double wrap of heavy duty foil - I've had pan
leak and it ruins the cheesecake. I bake mine at 325 for about 1 hr 15 min.
It never cracks.

Louise Lewis

I would vote to say the cracks could also be due to over beating..bring
all of your ingredients to room temp and always mix on low...and just
long enough to get the smooth batter...
another hint...
line the inside of your spring form with plastic wrap..this allows the
cake to pull away fromthe rim of the pan when cooling instead of
clinging to the pan so to give it cracks...
I run a professional bakery and this is what we do...
I posted our batter formula some time back but never saw it post...????
if you areinterested..let me know and I will email it to you

jacqui{JB}

"Louise Lewis" > wrote in message

> another hint...
> line the inside of your spring form with plastic wrap..

*Plastic* wrap? For a *baked* cheesecake?

-j

Eric Jorgensen

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:53:07 +0200
"jacqui{JB}" > wrote:

> "Louise Lewis" > wrote in message
>
> > another hint...
> > line the inside of your spring form with plastic wrap..

> *Plastic* wrap? For a *baked* cheesecake?

As long as we're being shocked . . .

*springform* pan? for a *water bath* cheesecake?
rebecca

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:38:00 -0600, Eric Jorgensen
> wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:53:07 +0200
>"jacqui{JB}" > wrote:
>
>> "Louise Lewis" > wrote in message
>>
>> > another hint...
>> > line the inside of your spring form with plastic wrap..

>> *Plastic* wrap? For a *baked* cheesecake?

> As long as we're being shocked . . .
>
> *springform* pan? for a *water bath* cheesecake?

That's what I do, with the outside of the pan wrapped in tin foil,
unless I'm cooking the cheesecake in my pressure cooker(!).

Lori

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:53:07 +0200, "jacqui{JB}"
> wrote:

>"Louise Lewis" > wrote in message
>
>> another hint...
>> line the inside of your spring form with plastic wrap..

>*Plastic* wrap? For a *baked* cheesecake?

Wouldn't parchement paper work also? It wouldn't melt, but it does
have a non-stick property that is wonderful.
____

Lori