Margaret Robinson

Default recipe storage

Currently, my recipe storage is a disaster. It's all pieces of magazines,
the backs of can labels, side of mix boxes and a few books. Anything I've
made more than once is covered in goo.

How do people store their recipes? I'm thinking something laminated might
be a good idea since it would allow for protection from goo.

--
Margaret Robinson
Toronto

Peaches

"Margaret Robinson" > wrote in message
.. .
> Currently, my recipe storage is a disaster. It's all pieces of magazines,
> the backs of can labels, side of mix boxes and a few books. Anything I've
> made more than once is covered in goo.
>
> How do people store their recipes? I'm thinking something laminated might
> be a good idea since it would allow for protection from goo.
>

> --
> Margaret Robinson
> Toronto

Margaret, I don't know if it would work for you, but I buy photo albums and
keep them in there. They wipe up easily, and I keep a list on the first page
of what recipes I have in that particular one. Hope this helps.....

Peaches in Texas

Peaches

"Margaret Robinson" > wrote in message
.. .
> Currently, my recipe storage is a disaster. It's all pieces of magazines,
> the backs of can labels, side of mix boxes and a few books. Anything I've
> made more than once is covered in goo.
>
> How do people store their recipes? I'm thinking something laminated might
> be a good idea since it would allow for protection from goo.
>

> --
> Margaret Robinson
> Toronto

Margaret, I don't know if it would work for you, but I buy photo albums and
keep them in there. They wipe up easily, and I keep a list on the first page
of what recipes I have in that particular one. Hope this helps.....

Peaches in Texas

Cadie

If I get it from somewhere other than a cook book (I don't copy out recipes
from books I own), I usually type it up on a full sheet of paper, sometimes
2 per sheet, and then I have a 3 ring binder in which I put those plastic
sheet protectors. So I put 2 sheets per protector (back to back so you can
see both typed sides), and then I can set the binder up in in the kitchen
and just wipe off the protector if it gets messy.

TOo bad I'm so lazy or I'd type up all the ones I like in my cook books and
put them in the binder, so they don't get messy, but there are just so many.

Cadie

"Margaret Robinson" > wrote in message
.. .
> Currently, my recipe storage is a disaster. It's all pieces of magazines,
> the backs of can labels, side of mix boxes and a few books. Anything I've
> made more than once is covered in goo.
>
> How do people store their recipes? I'm thinking something laminated might
> be a good idea since it would allow for protection from goo.
>

> --
> Margaret Robinson
> Toronto

---

Reg

Margaret Robinson wrote:

> Currently, my recipe storage is a disaster. It's all pieces of magazines,
> the backs of can labels, side of mix boxes and a few books. Anything I've
> made more than once is covered in goo.
>
> How do people store their recipes? I'm thinking something laminated might
> be a good idea since it would allow for protection from goo.

Keep them on your computer and make a printout for use in the kitchen. If it
gets messy just throw it out and print another.

GingerRose

I type mine and save them on my "pen drive." This is really great for those
recipes that you have found on line and want to save. Just cut and paste
into a document and then save it on your pen drive. The pen drive is so
small and convenient I will never be without one.

Good baking,
GingerRose

"Reg" > wrote in message
m...
> Margaret Robinson wrote:
>
> > Currently, my recipe storage is a disaster. It's all pieces of

magazines,
> > the backs of can labels, side of mix boxes and a few books. Anything

I've
> > made more than once is covered in goo.
> >
> > How do people store their recipes? I'm thinking something laminated

might
> > be a good idea since it would allow for protection from goo.

> Keep them on your computer and make a printout for use in the kitchen. If

it
> gets messy just throw it out and print another.
>
> --
> Reg email: RegForte (at) (that free MS email service) (dot) com

GingerRose

I type mine and save them on my "pen drive." This is really great for those
recipes that you have found on line and want to save. Just cut and paste
into a document and then save it on your pen drive. The pen drive is so
small and convenient I will never be without one.

Good baking,
GingerRose

"Reg" > wrote in message
m...
> Margaret Robinson wrote:
>
> > Currently, my recipe storage is a disaster. It's all pieces of

magazines,
> > the backs of can labels, side of mix boxes and a few books. Anything

I've
> > made more than once is covered in goo.
> >
> > How do people store their recipes? I'm thinking something laminated

might
> > be a good idea since it would allow for protection from goo.

> Keep them on your computer and make a printout for use in the kitchen. If

it
> gets messy just throw it out and print another.
>
> --
> Reg email: RegForte (at) (that free MS email service) (dot) com

Pippa

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:41:53 -0700, Margaret Robinson wrote:

> Currently, my recipe storage is a disaster. It's all pieces of magazines,
> the backs of can labels, side of mix boxes and a few books. Anything I've
> made more than once is covered in goo.
>
> How do people store their recipes? I'm thinking something laminated might
> be a good idea since it would allow for protection from goo.

I type them up on one of my computers, store them on the server.... then
access tham from the computer in the kitchen when cooking. As I store them
on my fileserver, I can access them from any of the computers around the
house (one in each room, except the study, where there are 4, 3 of them
being servers). Sometimes it's fun being a geek... LOL

No printouts here!

Pip
Pippa