rhinoman98

Default I need some good cookie recipies

Hi.
I would like to make some good cookies. Probably just chocolate chip, or
something pretty basic. I have seen some TV shows on the Food network with
some tips and tricks that make them softer, chewer, and better all around.
If anyone knows some good recipies or just has some good pointer, I would
appreciate it very much.
Thanks
Ryan

Cadie

This is the last Chocolate chip cookie recipe that I used, and the
cookies actually came out good :-) At least, in comparison to the
recipe on the nestley package. They just came out... BAD.

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon bakin soda
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1- 12 ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces or miniature
candy0coated semisweet chocolate pieces
1 12 cups chopped nuts

In a large mixing bowl beat shortening and butter with an electric
mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar,
granulated sugar, and baking soda. Beat until mixture is combined,
scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until
combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in chcolate pieces, and, if desired,
nuts.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased
cookie sheet. Bake in a 375*F oven for 8-10 minutes or until edges
are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.

Not my recipe, I haven't gotten to that level yet. I got it from the
New Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.

Cadie

"rhinoman98" > wrote in message
lkaboutcooking.com..
..
> Hi.
> I would like to make some good cookies. Probably just chocolate

chip, or
> something pretty basic. I have seen some TV shows on the Food

network with
> some tips and tricks that make them softer, chewer, and better all

around.
> If anyone knows some good recipies or just has some good pointer, I

would
> appreciate it very much.
> Thanks
> Ryan

Scott

In article
outcooking.com>,
"rhinoman98" > wrote:

> Hi.
> I would like to make some good cookies. Probably just chocolate chip, or
> something pretty basic. I have seen some TV shows on the Food network with
> some tips and tricks that make them softer, chewer, and better all around.
> If anyone knows some good recipies or just has some good pointer, I would
> appreciate it very much.

Well, you don't mention WHICH type of chocolate chip--crispy, soft, or
chewy. I don't know if this was what you saw on the Food Network, but
here're Alton Brown's recipes for the different versions:
<http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show...D_9956_17114,0
0.html>

As far as tips, here's pretty much all you could want:
<http://www.baking911.com/cookies_101.htm>

For tips *and* recipes:
<http://www.joyofbaking.com/cookies.html>

please mail OT responses only
Peggy

"rhinoman98" > wrote in message
lkaboutcooking.com...
> Hi.
> I would like to make some good cookies. Probably just chocolate chip, or
> something pretty basic. I have seen some TV shows on the Food network with
> some tips and tricks that make them softer, chewer, and better all around.
> If anyone knows some good recipies or just has some good pointer, I would
> appreciate it very much.
> Thanks
> Ryan

http://www.cookierecipe.com

ShimShalaBim

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 04:14:05 -0800, "Peggy" >
wrote:

>"rhinoman98" > wrote in message
alkaboutcooking.com...
>> Hi.
>> I would like to make some good cookies. Probably just chocolate chip, or
>> something pretty basic. I have seen some TV shows on the Food network with
>> some tips and tricks that make them softer, chewer, and better all around.
>> If anyone knows some good recipies or just has some good pointer, I would
>> appreciate it very much.
>> Thanks
>> Ryan
>>

>http://www.cookierecipe.com

the best I've ever made...and I've been looking for a long time

Big Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/4 Sticks Unsalted Butter
2 Tbutter flavored Crisco
2 c + 2 Tbl. Unsifted, Bleached, -All Purpose Flour
1/2 ts Baking Soda
1/2 ts Salt
1 c Light or Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 c Granulated Sugar
1 lg Egg + 1 Yolk
2 ts Pure Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 c Chocolate Chips

Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 325 F.
Temperature is critical so use an oven thermometer to verify the
correct oven temperature and adjust as necessary.

Melt the butter in a small saucepan and set aside to cool until it’s
lukewarm.

In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt. Do not sift.

Place both sugars in a medium mixing bowl. Pour melted butter into
sugar and mix until completely blended. Add egg, yolk, and vanilla
extract. Mix until blended. Add flour mixture and mix until blended.
Add chocolate chips. Mix just until chips are evenly distributed.

Place the cookies (about 6 per sheet) onto the cookie sheets. Put
cookies in oven and bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until cookes
turn a light golden brown

Cool cookies completely on the cookie sheets.

Jennifer

Try alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum They have some great recipes on there!

"rhinoman98" > wrote in message
lkaboutcooking.com...
> Hi.
> I would like to make some good cookies. Probably just chocolate chip, or
> something pretty basic. I have seen some TV shows on the Food network with
> some tips and tricks that make them softer, chewer, and better all around.
> If anyone knows some good recipies or just has some good pointer, I would
> appreciate it very much.
> Thanks
> Ryan

GMAJaskol