FoodBanter.com

-   -   cornished ham (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/236-cornished-ham.html)

Matt 08-12-2003 06:31 AM

cornished ham

may well have spelt this wrong. a relative in canada says she has cornished
ham when she goes to a resturant. i've never heard of it. any ideas?

H. W. Hans Kuntze 08-12-2003 06:44 AM

cornished ham

Matt wrote:

>may well have spelt this wrong. a relative in canada says she has cornis=

hed
>ham when she goes to a resturant. i've never heard of it. any ideas?

Yes, a cornish hen makes the most sense.

You guys should make it a habit to communicate better, just ask *while*=20
you speak to your relative.

--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef<AT>cmcchef.com
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/=20

BBryer 09-12-2003 09:16 PM

cornished ham

try cornish hen

Vox Humana 09-12-2003 09:55 PM

cornished ham

"BBryer" > wrote in message
om...
> try cornish hen

I did a Google search on "Cornish ham" and it seems that Cornish ham is some
sort of potted ham. Maybe it's like Spam.

Dave 10-12-2003 01:13 AM

cornished ham

"Matt" > wrote in message
| may well have spelt this wrong. a relative in canada says she has
cornished
| ham when she goes to a resturant. i've never heard of it. any ideas?

Perhaps it is corned ham? We have this at Christmas time in North Carolina
and Southern Maryland area. I'm not familiar with any other part of the
country that have this, and it's hard to find these days in either of these
areas (you have to ask the guys in the meat department and they might fix
one for you).