LIMEYNO1

Default REQ: CRISP SUGAR COOKIES

I need a recipe for crisp sugar cookies that will stay that way. Anyone
please?

--
The MoM!

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith that
saves is faith in Him

<>< ><>
www.peagramfamily.com
http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

225/196/145

PaulaGarlic

Default CRISP SUGAR COOKIES

"LIMEYNO1" > wrote in message
> I need a recipe for crisp sugar cookies that will stay that way. Anyone
> please?

I just made some Vanilla Dream from the King Arthur site which were very,
very crisp sugar cookies. You need baker's ammonia for them, though. The
site says they should be very tender, but they certainly were crisp! (I
usually prefer dense, chewy sugar cookies, but these were quite good.)

http://ww2.kingarthurflour.com/cgibi...0887620943788?

My all-time favorite cookie recipe is the whole wheat "Basic Drop Cookie"
from the same site.

R'gards,

Paula

Meg

I got this one from Bon Appetit. They are very crisp, easy to make,
and everyone at work loved them.

SUGAR COOKIES
For variety, try adding one-half cup dried currants or chopped nuts.
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Additional sugar

Using electric mixer, beat butter, oil, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup powdered
sugar in large bowl until well blended. Mix in egg and vanilla. Sift
flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt over and mix in. Cover
mixture and chill until firm, about 30 minutes or up to 1 day.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 2 heavy large baking sheets. Roll 1
tablespoon dough into ball. Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining
dough, spacing balls evenly on sheets. Dip flat-bottomed glass into water
to moisten, then dip into sugar and press dough to 1/4-inch-thick round.
Repeat with remaining dough balls, dipping bottom of glass into sugar
before pressing each.

Bake cookies until light brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to
racks and cool completely.

Makes About 36.

Bon Appét
March 1995
Gretchen Davis: Chesterfield, Missouri

--
\\ o o
|\/ o\ o
> < o Margaret St. John

|/\ / Let it snow!!
http://www.silverthorn.org/mstjohn
///
LIMEYNO1

Thanks!

"Meg" > wrote in message
s.com...
> I got this one from Bon Appetit. They are very crisp, easy to make,
> and everyone at work loved them.
>
> SUGAR COOKIES
> For variety, try adding one-half cup dried currants or chopped nuts.
> 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
> 1/2 cup vegetable oil
> 1/2 cup sugar
> 1/2 cup powdered sugar
> 1 egg
> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
> 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
> 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
> 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
>

> Additional sugar
>
> Using electric mixer, beat butter, oil, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup powdered
> sugar in large bowl until well blended. Mix in egg and vanilla. Sift
> flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt over and mix in. Cover
> mixture and chill until firm, about 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
>
> Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 2 heavy large baking sheets. Roll 1
> tablespoon dough into ball. Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining
> dough, spacing balls evenly on sheets. Dip flat-bottomed glass into water
> to moisten, then dip into sugar and press dough to 1/4-inch-thick round.
> Repeat with remaining dough balls, dipping bottom of glass into sugar
> before pressing each.
>
> Bake cookies until light brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to
> racks and cool completely.
>
> Makes About 36.
>

> Bon Appét
> March 1995
> Gretchen Davis: Chesterfield, Missouri
>

> In article >, LIMEYNO1 wrote:
> > I need a recipe for crisp sugar cookies that will stay that way. Anyone
> > please?
> >

> --
> \\ o o
> |\/ o\ o
> > < o Margaret St. John

> |/\ / Let it snow!!
http://www.silverthorn.org/mstjohn
> ///

LIMEYNO1

Thanks!

"PaulaGarlic" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "LIMEYNO1" > wrote in message
> > I need a recipe for crisp sugar cookies that will stay that way. Anyone
> > please?
> >

> I just made some Vanilla Dream from the King Arthur site which were very,
> very crisp sugar cookies. You need baker's ammonia for them, though. The
> site says they should be very tender, but they certainly were crisp! (I
> usually prefer dense, chewy sugar cookies, but these were quite good.)

http://ww2.kingarthurflour.com/cgibi...0887620943788?

> My all-time favorite cookie recipe is the whole wheat "Basic Drop Cookie"
> from the same site.
>
> R'gards,
>
> Paula

Denise~*

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:52:15 -0500, "LIMEYNO1" >
wrote:

>I need a recipe for crisp sugar cookies that will stay that way. Anyone
>please?

These make a very light crisp cookie.

Powdered Sugar Cookies

1-1/2 C Powdered Sugar
1C Butter (or Butter flavor Crisco)
1 egg
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Almond Extract
2-1/2 C Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cream or Tartar

Mix wet ingredients
Sift dry ingredients
Incorporate dry into wet

Chill the dough

Roll to 1/8" to 1/4" thick & use cookie cutters

375 degree oven, 7 - 8 min (or till done)
Makes about 5 dozen

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?
LIMEYNO1

Thanks!

Sugar cookies kaz General Cooking 9 19-12-2006 04:38 PM
Sugar Cookies chefrwmiller Recipes (moderated) 0 19-12-2006 04:20 AM
Lemon Crisp Cookies The Tea Cat Recipes (moderated) 0 20-04-2006 10:03 PM
Choc chip cookies: chewy or crisp? Jude General Cooking 20 31-03-2006 06:34 PM
REQ: CRISP SUGAR COOKIES LIMEYNO1 General Cooking 4 04-12-2003 08:56 PM