Alan

Default how to use wheat gluten

Can i add wheat gluten into low protein flour(for cake baking)for bread dough?
If so,what is the percentage ration of wheat gluten i can add into the cake flour?
I also wonder what will be the results like(finer and light crust texture?)
anyone could advise me.
thanks

Pennyaline

"Alan" writes:
> Can i add wheat gluten into low protein flour(for cake baking)for bread dough? If so,what is the
> percentage ration of wheat gluten i can add into the cake flour? I also wonder what will be the
> results like (finer and light crust texture?) anyone could advise me

I have found gluten expensive enough that I want to use it as infrequently as possible -- a good trick up here at 4000 feet. You'll succeed if you buy all purpose flour and use it for bread, rather than try to doctor up soft cake flour and end up with a inelastic lumps with a poor (if not nonexistent) rise.

Vital Wheat Gluten/Gluten Flour Rachel Grier Vegetarian cooking 6 28-04-2007 12:11 PM
Use of Vital Wheat Gluten in Sourdough Whole Wheat Bob K Sourdough 3 21-01-2006 07:24 PM
Vital Wheat Gluten?? Raj V Baking 18 15-01-2005 06:19 PM
Vital Wheat Gluten?? Raj V Sourdough 18 15-01-2005 06:19 PM
Vital Wheat Gluten?? Raj V Baking 0 13-01-2005 08:56 PM