FoodBanter.com

-   -   The Original Cookie Company (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/216-original-cookie-company.html)

Meg 04-12-2003 12:48 AM

The Original Cookie Company

Does anyone know of a sugar cookie recipe that mimics The Orginal Cookie
company's sugar cookies? I have tried 6 different recipes so far, and none
come close. They were moist and chewy. I have been looking ever since
Mrs. Fields bought out the chain.

-Margaret

\\ o o
|\/ o\ o
> < o Margaret St. John

|/\ / Let it snow!!
http://www.silverthorn.org/mstjohn
///

JCPNAP 11-07-2010 10:00 PM

I was hoping that someone sent you a response with a recipe that worked. I too have searched high and low for this recipe.....oh how I miss those sugar cookies with the M&M's. Please let me know if you have found the recipe. Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meg (Post 1093)

mhasenfuss 01-12-2010 02:07 AM

[quote=Meg;1093]Does anyone know of a sugar cookie recipe that mimics The Orginal Cookie
company's sugar cookies? I have tried 6 different recipes so far, and none
come close. They were moist and chewy. I have been looking ever since
Mrs. Fields bought out the chain.

-Margaret

\\ o o
|\/ o\ o
o Margaret St. John

|/\ / Let it snow!!
http://www.silverthorn.org/mstjohn
///[

I used to manage an Original Cookie Company and although I don't know the recipe (since they came in frozen dough form). If the issue is the texture(moist and chewy), try cooking the regular size cookie for 7 minutes on top and bottom shelf (each). Also turn the trays around. This allows for balanced cooking.

KEITH.MAX 01-12-2010 11:12 AM

Micki 06-12-2010 10:58 PM

I used to manage an Original Cookie Company and although I don't know the recipe (since they came in frozen dough form). If the issue is the texture(moist and chewy), try cooking the regular size cookie for 7 minutes on top and bottom shelf (each). Also turn the trays around. This allows for balanced cooking.

I used to manage an Original Cookie Company, too! Which one did you manage? I totally agree with your response to the first post...rotating and slight underbaking are the key.

Micki

JosefMiller 08-12-2010 12:11 PM

Does anyone know of a sugar cookie recipe that mimics The Orginal Cookie.

Jemmi Anderson 29-12-2010 06:55 AM

How about looking for an office administration job for an aviation company?

Is that seems interesting ?

Check out such jobs at aerocareer.com .You can register there for free and get to surf more job opportunities

beendala 15-02-2011 07:55 AM

Are there any alarms and keyless systems out there that are notably better quality, that can handle the dust, vibration, heat, and occasional water.If the issue is the texture(moist and chewy), try cooking the regular size cookie for 7 minutes on top and bottom shelf (each). Also turn the trays around. This allows for balanced cooking.

Crustal 02-06-2011 08:54 AM

[quote=mhasenfuss;1555117]

Crustal 02-06-2011 08:56 AM

[quote=mhasenfuss;1555117]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meg (Post 1093)
Does anyone know of a sugar cookie recipe that mimics The Orginal Cookie
company's sugar cookies? I have tried 6 different recipes so far, and none
come close. They were moist and chewy. I have been looking ever since
Mrs. Fields bought out the chain.

-Margaret

\\ o o
|\/ o\ o
o Margaret St. John

|/\ / Let it snow!!
http://www.silverthorn.org/mstjohn
///[

I used to manage an Original Cookie Company and although I don't know the recipe (since they came in frozen dough form). If the issue is the texture(moist and chewy), try cooking the regular size cookie for 7 minutes on top and bottom shelf (each). Also turn the trays around. This allows for balanced cooking.

[quote=Crustal;1621504]

Zara M 08-08-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meg (Post 1093)
Does anyone know of a sugar cookie recipe that mimics The Orginal Cookie
company's sugar cookies? I have tried 6 different recipes so far, and none
come close. They were moist and chewy. I have been looking ever since
Mrs. Fields bought out the chain.

-Margaret

I guess the reason why Mrs. Fields is still going strong in the business because there are only few who knows the real recipe behind its every cookie. Though all of its products are a bit costly, many are still buying it since none of its competitors can make similar taste and it can't be copied easily. The only downside i can think of is its price that I still wait for my payday to buy one or two pieces. :)

Mommymelissa 31-05-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meg (Post 1093)
Does anyone know of a sugar cookie recipe that mimics The Orginal Cookie
company's sugar cookies? I have tried 6 different recipes so far, and none
come close. They were moist and chewy. I have been looking ever since
Mrs. Fields bought out the chain.

-Margaret

\\ o o
|\/ o\ o
o Margaret St. John

|/\ / Let it snow!!
SecureSignup.net Special offer and Discount Coupon
///

I used to manage the Original Cookie Company in Chico, CA and those were the best!!!! To copy at home I use an extra 1/2 stick of butter and extra 1/2 cup sugar and extra teaspoon of vanilla as well as add 1 teaspoon butter flavoring (remember they were sugar butter cookies!)to a traditional sugar ccokie recipe. Roll in 2 inch balls flatten slightly with a glass bottom dipped in sugar, bake on parchment paper at 350 degrees for 7 mins, rotate racks and pans and bake 6 minutes more. Let cool on pan for at least 5 minutes before removing, the condesation on the bottom while cooling is what makes them softer......