stickymannn

Default Packed Brown Sugar????

A question from over the pond... what is Packed Brown Sugar? If anyone
can enlighten me, I would be most greatful! :-)

Thanks

stickymannn
Janet Bostwick

"stickymannn" > wrote in message
> A question from over the pond... what is Packed Brown Sugar? If anyone
> can enlighten me, I would be most greatful! :-)
>
> Thanks
>
> stickymannn

It isn't a product, it is the way the brown sugar is measured. You pack it
firmly into the measuring unit and then level the top with a straight edge.
Janet

stickymannn

Thanks for clearing that up, I'll stop looking for it now!!! :-)

Stickymannn

Janet Bostwick wrote:

> "stickymannn" > wrote in message
> > A question from over the pond... what is Packed Brown Sugar? If anyone
> > can enlighten me, I would be most greatful! :-)
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > stickymannn

> It isn't a product, it is the way the brown sugar is measured. You pack it
> firmly into the measuring unit and then level the top with a straight edge.
> Janet

LIMEYNO1

Hi Stickymann; I hate to tell you but I was never able to get brown sugar
when i was over `ome. Doesn't seem to be anything comparable to it.

"stickymannn" > wrote in message
> A question from over the pond... what is Packed Brown Sugar? If anyone
> can enlighten me, I would be most greatful! :-)
>
> Thanks
>
> stickymannn

Karen

LIMEYNO1 wrote:
> Hi Stickymann; I hate to tell you but I was never able to get brown sugar
> when i was over `ome. Doesn't seem to be anything comparable to it.

Mix molassas and white sugar to taste. I usually do about 2 tablespoons
of molasses per cup of sugar, and adjust up or down depending on the
recipe. I think once upon a time brown sugar was a part of the sugar
manufacturign process, but the stuff you buy now is just white sugar
mixed with molasses. So why keep an extra product on the shelf? No
packing down is necessary this way -- I just add 1 cup of sugar and two
tablespoons of molasses for each cup of sugar the recipe calls for. I
rarely even need to mix them together first -- the creaming process with
sugar and butter usually takes care of that.

Karen

Circumventing brown sugar notbob[_5_] General Cooking 34 11-01-2011 03:25 AM
Why do I see BROWN SUGAR Robert of St Louis Diabetic 10 31-05-2009 06:47 PM
Hard brown sugar ???? theChas. Baking 6 28-10-2006 03:43 AM
Hard brown sugar theChas. General Cooking 19 27-10-2006 09:29 PM
Billington's Brown Sugar? [email protected] General Cooking 15 28-09-2005 11:53 AM