Nicolas The Great

Default Why I want a bread machine?

I had one about five years ago or so and the one thing I like about it
was the smell of the bread while it baked. And I liked to watch the
machine do it's job every time I'd walk into the kitchen. Most men are
not into cooking and this kind of stuff but I love to eat. But that's
me. I know these machines don't always work that well but it is a
challenge to get all of the ingredients just right so the bread will
come out right. I've had a lot of trial and errors with the bread
dough.

Some times after I put all of the ingredients into the machine I would
move it to my office and bake it there just so I could smell it
cooking. Who doesn't love the smell of bread cooking? Yeah, surf the
net and smell the bread...

Nick "I'm still here?"
OhJeeez

<< the one thing I like about it
was the smell of the bread while it baked >>

you need a machine for this?

OhJeeez

<< anything that will make me happy is all I care about.

Nick>>

not for nuthin' but what a perfect statement for our time...

Static I

(OhJeeez)
>Date: 12/2/2003 12:45 PM Central Standard Time
>
><< anything that will make me happy is all I care about.
>
>Nick>>
>
>not for nuthin' but what a perfect statement for our time...

Actually, that is more than counterbalanced by the numbers of right-wingers and
religious fanatics wanting us all to be as unhappy as they are.

barry

I see you're catching a bit of static from people who denigrate bread
machines.

If you like fresh bread and the machine is what you choose to use, more
power to you. Maybe down the road you'll make bread from scratch, without
the machine. Either way, you'll get bread that's far superior to
store-bought bread.

Barry

"Nicolas The Great" > wrote in message
om...
> I had one about five years ago or so and the one thing I like about it
> was the smell of the bread while it baked. And I liked to watch the
> machine do it's job every time I'd walk into the kitchen. Most men are
> not into cooking and this kind of stuff but I love to eat. But that's
> me. I know these machines don't always work that well but it is a
> challenge to get all of the ingredients just right so the bread will
> come out right. I've had a lot of trial and errors with the bread
> dough.
>
> Some times after I put all of the ingredients into the machine I would
> move it to my office and bake it there just so I could smell it
> cooking. Who doesn't love the smell of bread cooking? Yeah, surf the
> net and smell the bread...
>
> Nick "I'm still here?"

Pennyaline

"Static I" wrote:
> Actually, that is more than counterbalanced by the numbers of

right-wingers and
> religious fanatics wanting us all to be as unhappy as they are.

Do they have bread machines, too?

barry

> I am, however, probably the only person living who doesn't like his

Kitchen Aid
> mixer

From what I read on alt.bread.recipes, there are a lot of people who don't
like their KA mixer. What don't you like about yours? I have a list of
things I'd change if I could (and I have changed some of them).

Barry

Eric Jorgensen

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:30:35 GMT
"barry" > wrote:

> > I am, however, probably the only person living who doesn't like his

> Kitchen Aid
> > mixer
> >

> From what I read on alt.bread.recipes, there are a lot of people who
> don't like their KA mixer. What don't you like about yours? I have a
> list of things I'd change if I could (and I have changed some of
> them).

And even more people love them until the day they suddenly stop working
in mid-stir and never so much as hum again.

LIMEYNO1

I don't know about that... I have never thought much of Kitchen Aid.
That's why I bought a Kenwood.

"Static I" > wrote in message
> >"barry"
> >Date: 12/2/2003 2:14 PM Central Standard Time
> >
> >I see you're catching a bit of static...

> Now Barry, I was not denigrating bread machines.
>
> I am, however, probably the only person living who doesn't like his

Kitchen Aid
> mixer

Nessmuk

In article >, Eric Jorgensen > wrote:

> And even more people love them until the day they suddenly stop working
>in mid-stir and never so much as hum again.

I have one made in 1952 and still going strong.

Dale

Vox Humana

"Nessmuk" > wrote in message
> In article >, Eric Jorgensen

> wrote:
>

> > And even more people love them until the day they suddenly stop

working
> >in mid-stir and never so much as hum again.
> >

> I have one made in 1952 and still going strong.
>
> Dale

I don't recall seeing automatic bread machines until the late 1980's.

Nessmuk

In article >, "Vox Humana" > wrote:

>> I have one made in 1952 and still going strong.
>>
>> Dale
>>

>I don't recall seeing automatic bread machines until the late 1980's.

Perhaps I misread it. I thought he was talking about kitchenaid mixers
stopping in mid stir. I will reload the old articles and check.

Dale

Vox Humana

"Nessmuk" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Vox Humana"

> wrote:
> >

> >> I have one made in 1952 and still going strong.
> >>
> >> Dale
> >>

> >I don't recall seeing automatic bread machines until the late 1980's.
> >

> Perhaps I misread it. I thought he was talking about kitchenaid mixers
> stopping in mid stir. I will reload the old articles and check.
>
> Dale

You're probably right. It's too much work to for me to find the start of
the thread! This is a good example of why it is important to quote at least
some of the message when you respond. All I could see was a subject line
that referred to a bread machine and a post that said the poster had one
made in 1952.

H. W. Hans Kuntze

Vox Humana wrote:

>"Nessmuk" > wrote in message
...[....]
> =20
>
>>Perhaps I misread it. I thought he was talking about kitchenaid mixers
>>stopping in mid stir. I will reload the old articles and check. Dale
>>

>You're probably right. It's too much work to for me to find the start o=

>the thread!

The quoting here is already an abomination, without TOFU and full quote.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=3...3DUTF-8&threa=
dm=3DOo6zb.12854%24N.3253756%40news4.srv.hcvlny.cv .net&rnum=3D4&prev=3D/g=
roups%3Fq%3DWhy%2BI%2Bwant%2Ba%2Bbread%2Bmachine%2 53F%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%2=
6ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3DOo6zb.12854%2524N.3253756%2540news4.srv =
=2Ehcvlny.cv.net%26rnum%3D4=20
(
From: Static I )
Subject: Why I want a bread machine?
=20
View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.food.baking
Date: 2003-12-02 23:52:10 PST

>"barry"
>Date: 12/2/2003 2:14 PM Central Standard Time
>
>I see you're catching a bit of static...

Now Barry, I was not denigrating bread machines.

I am, however, probably the only person living who doesn't like his=20
Kitchen Aid
mixer

Post a follow-up to this message
Message 10 in thread
From: barry )
=20
View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.food.baking
Date: 2003-12-03 07:30:47 PST

> I am, however, probably the only person living who doesn't like his=20

Kitchen Aid
> mixer

From what I read on alt.bread.recipes, there are a lot of people who don=
't

From: Eric Jorgensen )
=20
View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.food.baking
Date: 2003-12-03 10:04:01 PST

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:30:35 GMT
"barry" > wrote:

> > I am, however, probably the only person living who doesn't like his =

Kitchen Aid
> > mixer
> >

> From what I read on alt.bread.recipes, there are a lot of people who
> don't like their KA mixer. What don't you like about yours? I have a=

> list of things I'd change if I could (and I have changed some of
> them).

And even more people love them until the day they suddenly stop working
in mid-stir and never so much as hum again.

Post a follow-up to this message
Message 12 in thread
From: Nessmuk )
=20
View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.food.baking
Date: 2003-12-25 02:39:57 PST

In article >, Eric Jorgensen=20
> wrote:

> And even more people love them until the day they suddenly=20

stop working
>in mid-stir and never so much as hum again.

I have one made in 1952 and still going strong.=20

Dale

Post a follow-up to this message
Message 13 in thread
From: Vox Humana )
=20
View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.food.baking
Date: 2003-12-25 10:18:22 PST

Jorgensen > wrote:

> > And even more people love them until the day they suddenly=20

stop working
> >in mid-stir and never so much as hum again.
> >

> I have one made in 1952 and still going strong.
>
> Dale

I don't recall seeing automatic bread machines until the late 1980's.

Post a follow-up to this message

--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef<AT>cmcchef.com
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"