Brett

Default Lemon bar recipe at Books-A-Million.

Does any one know how to make the lemon bars sold at Books-A-Million or
where to find the recipe? I called BAM headquarters about a recipe, which
they don't have but said they would add as a suggestion (OK).

I've made the Sunkist (or Sunkrist) lemon bars but can't get the same
firmness. I also don't know what type of crust BAM is using on top of their
bars.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Brett

LDL

Brett, I haven't had the bars you mentioned but the recipe below is
fantastic. I made them 2 days before a family reunion, traveled across the
country with them, brought back the only 1 remaining leftover bar and it
still was still like fresh. Very lemony. Excellent recipe. Diane

Lemon Bars

Copyright, 1999 The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook

Show: Barefoot Contessa

20 squares or 40 triangles

For the crust:

1/2 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature

1/2 cup granulated sugar

2 cups flour

1/8 teaspoon kosher salt

For the filling:

6 extra-large eggs at room temperature

3 cups granulated sugar

2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (4 to 6 lemons)

1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice

1 cup flour

Confectioners' sugar, for dusting

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

For the crust, cream the butter and sugar until light in the bowl of an
electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Combine the flour and salt
and, with the mixer on low, add to the butter until just mixed. Dump the
dough onto a well-floured board and gather into a ball. Flatten the dough
with floured hands and press it into a 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking sheet,
building up a 1/2-inch edge on all sides. Chill.

Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned. Let cool on
a wire rack. Leave the oven on.

For the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice,
and flour. Pour over the crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the
filling is set. Let cool to room temperature.

Cut into triangles and dust with confectioners' sugar.

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Does any one know how to make the lemon bars sold at Books-A-Million or
where to find the recipe? I called BAM headquarters about a recipe, which
they don't have but said they would add as a suggestion (OK).

I've made the Sunkist (or Sunkrist) lemon bars but can't get the same
firmness. I also don't know what type of crust BAM is using on top of their
bars.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Brett
Brett, I have been searching for years trying to find the recipe for BAM's recipe. I once went into the store and asked the lady working there if she could tell me where they got them from. They order them from another company but I have not been able to get the name of that company. All she could tell me was that they order them. I would love to have their recipe. I think they are the best that I have ever ate.
Member

Location: PK

Lovely recipe to share here.. Thanks for updating here this great recipe. I'll definitely share this to my colleague & sister. Will make in up coming weekend. Thanks

free domain | windows softwares | daily web directory

Last edited by J9anglica : 14-12-2014 at 08:53 AM