Jenn.

Default recipe help! PLEASE!!!

Hey Everybody! I am spending Thanksgiving up at my mom's, which is a
few hours from home, and wanted to make some Cannolet's (pronounced
can-oh-lay), but I forgot to bring the recipe! I tried Googling it,
but no matter how I tried to spell it, I just couldn't find anything.
("Do you mean Cannoli?"!!!) Does anyone have a recipe for these they
could share? I've made them in my Pastries class, and just love them
(they are a bit addicting!), and would like to make them for my
parents. Thanks in advance for any help anyone could offer!
Jenn. W.
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Jenn." > wrote in message
om...
> Hey Everybody! I am spending Thanksgiving up at my mom's, which is a
> few hours from home, and wanted to make some Cannolet's (pronounced
> can-oh-lay), but I forgot to bring the recipe! I tried Googling it,
> but no matter how I tried to spell it, I just couldn't find anything.
> ("Do you mean Cannoli?"!!!) Does anyone have a recipe for these they
> could share? I've made them in my Pastries class, and just love them
> (they are a bit addicting!), and would like to make them for my
> parents. Thanks in advance for any help anyone could offer!
> Jenn. W.

Could you describe what they were? I would have suggested cannoli, too, but
it sounds from your post that they are not the same.

rona

Jenn

Well, I ended up coming home early (my dad isn't the easiest person to bake
with, to put it mildly!), and I was spelling it wrong. It is Cannelet.
They are little French cakes that are really yummy...here's the recipe if
anyone is interested...

50 cl milk (2 cups)
25 g. butter (7/8 oz)
40 g egg yolk (1 3/8 oz)
250 g sugar (8 7/8 oz)
125 g flour (4 3/8 oz)
1/2 vanilla pod
1.5 cl rum (1/2 oz)
1 lemon zest
3 g bitter almonds (1/8 oz) ~ I just use almond meal

Method:
Boil the milk, butter, bitter almonds, zest, and vanilla pod. Leave to
cool, covered. Mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the flour to the
mixture, along with the rum. Leave to stand. Grease moulds (I use mini
muffin tins for these at home and heart shaped silicone molds at school) and
fill almost to top. Place in the oven at 170* C (about 340*F) for 30
minutes until dark brown in color.
Jenn. W.

--
If we do not change direction, we'll end up where we're headed.
-Lao Tsu

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" > wrote in message
> "Jenn." > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hey Everybody! I am spending Thanksgiving up at my mom's, which is a
> > few hours from home, and wanted to make some Cannolet's (pronounced
> > can-oh-lay), but I forgot to bring the recipe! I tried Googling it,
> > but no matter how I tried to spell it, I just couldn't find anything.
> > ("Do you mean Cannoli?"!!!) Does anyone have a recipe for these they
> > could share? I've made them in my Pastries class, and just love them
> > (they are a bit addicting!), and would like to make them for my
> > parents. Thanks in advance for any help anyone could offer!
> > Jenn. W.

> Could you describe what they were? I would have suggested cannoli, too,

but
> it sounds from your post that they are not the same.
>
> rona
> --
> ***For e-mail, replace .com with .ca Sorry for the inconvenience!***

H. W. Hans Kuntze

Jenn wrote:

>Well, I ended up coming home early (my dad isn't the easiest person to b=

ake
>with, to put it mildly!), and I was spelling it wrong. It is Cannelet.

Not really Jenn, more like canneles, if you and I are talking about the=20
same thing.
A specialty of Bordeaux and the whole region. Little cakes, crisp on the =

outside, creamy/custardy inside.
Anyway, in France, they are baked in special fluted wooden moulds that=20
are greased with beeswax.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D REZKONV-Rezept - RezkonvSuite v0.96f

Titel: Canneles Of Bordeaux
Kategorien: Baking, France
Menge: 1 Rezept

1 Litre milk
100 Gramm Butter
4 Egg yolks
4 Eggs
500 Gramm Sugar
200 Gramm Flour
100 ml Rum
Liquid vanilla

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D QUELLE =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
-Erfasst *RK* 06.10.02 von
-H.W. Hans Kuntze, CMC

Mix together the eggs, the yolks, the flour and the sugar in a bowl
until the mixture is even. Add 1/4 litre of milk. Heat the rest of
the milk (3/4 litre) in a saucepan with butter. Bring to a
temperature of 84=B0 C. Pour the hot milk into a bowl with the eggs-
flour mixture. Add the rum and vanilla according to taste. Allow to
stand for 2 hours then leave in the refrigerator for 12 hours. Bake
in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 180=B0C.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef<AT>cmcchef.com
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/=20

Jenn

Well, the recipe I have is printed out of a book, and it's spelled,
Cannelet, and I googled it, and found it under this spelling, along with the
spelling you gave. Anyway, I just wanted to say I just made these and keep
forgetting that I end up adding a little extra flour than what my recipe
calls for to get the right consistency.

I saw one website that says they are commonly done in copper moulds.
Anyway, I don't have copper or wooden moulds, but they come out ok in the
mini muffin tins!! Yes, a bit crispy on the outside and creamy on the
inside, and very much addicting! My recipe makes about 3 1/2 dozen, and
they don't last but maybe an hour in my house!! (They are also really
really good with a little raspberry sauce on them!)

Thanks for your help, Hans! I am going to save your recipe and give that
one a try next time I make them. What is the purpose of keeping it 12 hours
in the refrigerator, though? I usually just let the milk mixture cool a
bit, mix it up and bake it right off. Comes out fine. I will try that next
time though, to see the difference.

Jenn. W.

--

============================== QUELLE ==============================
-Erfasst *RK* 06.10.02 von
-H.W. Hans Kuntze, CMC

Mix together the eggs, the yolks, the flour and the sugar in a bowl
until the mixture is even. Add 1/4 litre of milk. Heat the rest of
the milk (3/4 litre) in a saucepan with butter. Bring to a
temperature of 84° C. Pour the hot milk into a bowl with the eggs-
flour mixture. Add the rum and vanilla according to taste. Allow to
stand for 2 hours then leave in the refrigerator for 12 hours. Bake
in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 180°C.

=====

--
Sincerly,

C=¦-)§ H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef<AT>cmcchef.com
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

H. W. Hans Kuntze

Jenn wrote:

>[...] What is the purpose of keeping it 12 hours
>in the refrigerator, though? [...]
> =20

Hi Jenn.

It hydrates the flour (swells with the liquid) and relaxes any gluten.

And that is the method the bakers did it traditionally.

I'm pretty shure your muffin tins work just fine.

Copper or beeswaxed wood will make for a crisper crust.

--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef<AT>cmcchef.com
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"

Jenn

Thanks! That makes sense. I'll be sure to try out your recipe next time I
make them. And if I ever run across some wooden or copper moulds, I'll
nudge and wink at my hubby until he gets the hint!!
Jenn. W.