Alan

Default what type of glaze for lighter color

what type of glaze do i use to get lighter baked color bread?I mean color looks like light sunny brown similiar to french fried.
I use egg wash but tends to be darker color after baked.
Wayne Boatwright

"Alan" > wrote in
:

> what type of glaze do i use to get lighter baked color bread?I mean
> color looks like light sunny brown similiar to french fried. I use egg
> wash but tends to be darker color after baked.

%4y 3tt 2hi53 by itself. The protein in the yolk is what turns dark.

Wayne Boatwright

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
:

> "Alan" > wrote in
> :
>
>> what type of glaze do i use to get lighter baked color bread?I mean
>> color looks like light sunny brown similiar to french fried. I use egg
>> wash but tends to be darker color after baked.
>>

> %4y 3tt 2hi53 by itself. The protein in the yolk is what turns dark.

Uh, that should have been - Try egg white by itself...
Alan

thanks wayne,it works after I applied egg white only.
oso i was told to mix whole egg wash wif milk to get lighter color,is there
a percentage ration you know how to mix them?
cos I don't want to waste the egg yolk if i only use the egg white.
alan

> >> what type of glaze do i use to get lighter baked color bread?I mean
> >> color looks like light sunny brown similiar to french fried. I use egg
> >> wash but tends to be darker color after baked.
> >>

> > %4y 3tt 2hi53 by itself. The protein in the yolk is what turns dark.
> >

> Uh, that should have been - Try egg white by itself...

Wayne Boatwright

"Alan" > wrote in
:

> thanks wayne,it works after I applied egg white only.
> oso i was told to mix whole egg wash wif milk to get lighter color,is
> there a percentage ration you know how to mix them?
> cos I don't want to waste the egg yolk if i only use the egg white.
> alan

>> > %4y 3tt 2hi53 by itself. The protein in the yolk is what turns
>> > dark.
>> >

>> Uh, that should have been - Try egg white by itself...

I don't think mixing the yolk with milk will help much, since both
contain protein which darkens with baking. I would try mixing the yolk
with water instead 2-3 tablespoons of water per yolk. It will still be
darker than the egg white alone.

Wayne