Old 27-11-2003, 11:00 AM
Alan

Default what type of glaze for lighter color

what type of glaze do i use to get lighter baked color bread?I mean color looks like light sunny brown similiar to french fried.
I use egg wash but tends to be darker color after baked.

Old 28-11-2003, 03:43 AM
Wayne Boatwright

"Alan" wrote in
:

what type of glaze do i use to get lighter baked color bread?I mean
color looks like light sunny brown similiar to french fried. I use egg
wash but tends to be darker color after baked.

%4y 3tt 2hi53 by itself. The protein in the yolk is what turns dark.

Old 28-11-2003, 03:44 AM
Wayne Boatwright

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
:

"Alan" wrote in
:

what type of glaze do i use to get lighter baked color bread?I mean
color looks like light sunny brown similiar to french fried. I use egg
wash but tends to be darker color after baked.

%4y 3tt 2hi53 by itself. The protein in the yolk is what turns dark.

Uh, that should have been - Try egg white by itself...
Old 28-11-2003, 12:33 PM
Alan

thanks wayne,it works after I applied egg white only.
oso i was told to mix whole egg wash wif milk to get lighter color,is there
a percentage ration you know how to mix them?
cos I don't want to waste the egg yolk if i only use the egg white.
alan

Old 28-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Wayne Boatwright

"Alan" wrote in
:

thanks wayne,it works after I applied egg white only.
oso i was told to mix whole egg wash wif milk to get lighter color,is
there a percentage ration you know how to mix them?
cos I don't want to waste the egg yolk if i only use the egg white.
alan

what type of glaze do i use to get lighter baked color bread?I
mean color looks like light sunny brown similiar to french fried.
I use egg wash but tends to be darker color after baked.

%4y 3tt 2hi53 by itself. The protein in the yolk is what turns
dark.

Uh, that should have been - Try egg white by itself...

I don't think mixing the yolk with milk will help much, since both
contain protein which darkens with baking. I would try mixing the yolk
with water instead 2-3 tablespoons of water per yolk. It will still be
darker than the egg white alone.

Wayne