FoodBanter.com

-   -   need ideas for kids craft/food (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/188-need-ideas-kids-craft.html)

Diem Sellers 20-11-2003 03:01 AM

need ideas for kids craft/food

Hi there.

I'm looking for recipes for my Mom/kids group that would be fun and
edible for the kids. I'm helping out and we have 5 classrooms, 20
kids each, which is 100 kids. the age group is from 18mos to 4/5 yr
old. due to allergies, I cannot have any snacks containing peanuts.
so the almightly wonderful and easy peanut butter is out.

right now, for thanksgiving, i found a craft on the internet called a
Blessing Mix. it has bugle corns, pretzels, candy corn, dried fruit.
the bugles represent the cornicopia, the pretzels represents arms
folded in prayer. the candy corn represents the corn the indians
planted and the hardship etc.....

for xmas, I was thinking of xmas trees out of sugar ice cream cones.
the kids can spread green frosting and sprinkles and make their own
"xmas" tree treats. I'm looking for food idea where the kids can make
their own treats as a craft and eat it too.

these food crafts have to be easy enough for the kids to manage, as
well as for the teachers to follow, in addition to being pretty cheap,
since it's our own funds and I do have 100 kids to purchase for.

If you have any great ideas please let me know. I"ve already gone to
the familyfun site as well as Kraft, hershey and various sites on the
web. I'm pretty much out of ideas.

thanks again.

Diem