FoodBanter.com

-   -   Tonight I'll be baking Parkin (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/178659-tonight-ill-baking-parkin.html)

Serious Sid 06-11-2009 05:11 PM

Tonight I'll be baking Parkin

I'll be baking some of this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...in_14517.shtml

Description

A classic Yorkshire ginger cake - a perfect accompaniment with a cup
of tea.
Ingredients

225g/8oz self raising flour
110g/4oz caster sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 egg
200ml/7fl oz milk
55g/2oz butter
110g/4oz golden syrup
Method

1. Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2. Line a 22cm/8in tin.
2. Sieve the flour, sugar, ginger and bicarbonate of soda into a large
bowl.
3. In a small pan gently heat the butter and syrup until melted.
4. Beat the egg into the milk.
5. Gradually pour the butter and syrup into the flour and stir. The
mixture will be thick.
6. Pour in the egg and milk and stir until smooth and pour into the
lined tin.
7. Bake for 1 hour

and be taking the tin out with me to watch the fireworks for Guy
Fawkes night.

Serious Sid 08-11-2009 01:32 PM

Tonight I'll be baking Parkin

Well I made it and it was delicious. Shared it round at the fireworks
party and it all got eaten with people wanting second helpings! Will
deffo make that again.

receipemum 18-11-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serious Sid (Post 1400449)
I'll be baking some of this:

BBC - Food - Recipes: Yorkshire parkin

[...]

i have tried ginger cookie but never try this. hope it turn out nice