Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Those chewy wheat rolls.

Hi,

One thing I have not been able to achieve is the gooey/chewy rolls I can
purchase from the bakery. Mine tastes good, rises well and looks great,
but they do not have the right texture. I have tried many different
recipes, but they do not end up being exactly as I want them.

What's the secret for perfect wheat rolls? Is it the cooking temperature,
something about the dough or something done after they have baked in the
owen?

--
//ceed (don't move my mountain!)
Posted to rec.food.baking

What kind of flour are you using? Have you tried a high gluten
flour. King Arthur catalog carries it.