FoodBanter.com

-   -   Reducing the grittiness of whole wheat (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/173242-reducing-grittiness-whole-wheat.html)

Billy[_6_] 07-06-2009 10:18 PM

Reducing the grittiness of whole wheat

I'm trying to improve my whole wheat pizza crust. Is there any way
to make whole wheat a little more fluffy (like french bread) and
less gritty?
--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Zunx_goz4

http://www.democracynow.org/2009/6/2...ra_hass_on_the

Billy[_6_] 09-06-2009 06:22 AM

Reducing the grittiness of whole wheat

In article
Billy > wrote:

> I'm trying to improve my whole wheat pizza crust. Is there any way
> to make whole wheat a little more fluffy (like french bread) and
> less gritty?

I repeat, I would like to make a pizza crust, while thin, is crusty on
the outside and very soft inside. This may not be possible but I would
like to get as close to it as I can.

The Cook 09-06-2009 02:10 PM

Reducing the grittiness of whole wheat

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 14:18:47 -0700, Billy >
wrote:

>I'm trying to improve my whole wheat pizza crust. Is there any way
>to make whole wheat a little more fluffy (like french bread) and
>less gritty?

The bakers moved to alt.bread.recipes when the spam got too deep.

Ask there. Post the recipe you use and maybe what kind of whole wheat
flour you are using.

--
Susan N.

Billy[_6_] 09-06-2009 04:43 PM

Reducing the grittiness of whole wheat

In article >,
The Cook > wrote:

> On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 14:18:47 -0700, Billy >
> wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to improve my whole wheat pizza crust. Is there any way
> >to make whole wheat a little more fluffy (like french bread) and
> >less gritty?

> The bakers moved to alt.bread.recipes when the spam got too deep.
>
> Ask there. Post the recipe you use and maybe what kind of whole wheat
> flour you are using.

Thank you :O)

Billy[_6_] 10-06-2009 06:12 AM

Billy > wrote:

> In article >,
> The Cook > wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 14:18:47 -0700, Billy >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I'm trying to improve my whole wheat pizza crust. Is there any way
> > >to make whole wheat a little more fluffy (like french bread) and
> > >less gritty?

> > The bakers moved to alt.bread.recipes when the spam got too deep.
> >
> > Ask there. Post the recipe you use and maybe what kind of whole wheat
> > flour you are using.

> Thank you :O)

Simple really, all I had to do was to allow the pate more time to rest.
Three hours instead of one and the crust was fine :O)