FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cereal Muffins (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/171729-cereal-muffins.html)

Mr. Bill[_2_] 03-05-2009 01:31 PM

Cereal Muffins

These turned out pretty good. I used Banana Nut Crunch for the
cereal. The recipe was pass on by a friend so I don't know where it
originated. Also, changed the milk to buttermilk....a southern thing
for us.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Breakfast Cereal Muffins

1 egg
1/4 cup salad oil or vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup honey
1 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups breakfast cereal

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 12 medium sized (2 3/4' diameter) muffin
cups. In a mixing bowl, beat egg and whisk together with oil, milk and
honey. In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients; mixed well. Pour
the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until flour is moist
(batter should be lumpy). Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter,
and bake for 20-25 minutes (until golden brown and a toothpick comes
out clean when inserted). Remove from pan immediately.

Yield: 12 servings