Ace

Default need ideas for kids craft/food

> Hi there.
>
> I'm looking for recipes for my Mom/kids group that would be fun and
> edible for the kids. I'm helping out and we have 5 classrooms, 20
> kids each, which is 100 kids. the age group is from 18mos to 4/5 yr
> old. due to allergies, I cannot have any snacks containing peanuts.
> so the almightly wonderful and easy peanut butter is out.
>
> right now, for thanksgiving, i found a craft on the internet called a
> Blessing Mix. it has bugle corns, pretzels, candy corn, dried fruit.
> the bugles represent the cornicopia, the pretzels represents arms
> folded in prayer. the candy corn represents the corn the indians
> planted and the hardship etc.....
>

> for xmas, I was thinking of xmas trees out of sugar ice cream cones.
> the kids can spread green frosting and sprinkles and make their own
> "xmas" tree treats. I'm looking for food idea where the kids can make
> their own treats as a craft and eat it too.
>
> these food crafts have to be easy enough for the kids to manage, as
> well as for the teachers to follow, in addition to being pretty cheap,
> since it's our own funds and I do have 100 kids to purchase for.
>
> If you have any great ideas please let me know. I"ve already gone to
> the familyfun site as well as Kraft, hershey and various sites on the
> web. I'm pretty much out of ideas.
>
> thanks again.
>
> Diem

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/holiday...peepcraft.html

from http://familycrafts.about.com --->

Edible Easter Basket

Materials Needed:

* Waffle style Sundae bowls.
* Red licorice (Twizzlers)
* Jelly beans
* Melted chocolate (or white choc.)
* Coconut tinted with green food coloring

Instructions:
Place waffle bowl on plate. Use melted chocolate to attach handle
(twizzler) to the waffle bowl. You made need to shorten the twizzler
some. Hold the twizzler in place until the chocolate sets up some.
Sprinkle coconut around bottom of basket and add jelly beans to the
side of the basket with a little more chocolate. Fill basket with your
favorite easter goodies.

http://familycrafts.about.com/librar...lturkckrec.htm

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/edible/

http://www.thefamilycorner.com/famil...lay_dough.shtm