FoodBanter.com

-   -   Sad News.............. (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/163603-sad-news.html)

Norvin[_2_] 05-11-2008 04:30 PM

Sad News..............

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment
community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection
and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.
Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities
turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry
Jack, the California Raisens, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies and
Captain Crunch.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy
as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly
in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was
not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on
half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was
a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife, Play Dough, three children, John
Dough, Jane Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is
also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

If this made you smile for even a brief second, please rise to the
occasion and take time to pass it on and share that smile with someone
else who may be having a crumby day and kneads a lift.

merryb 06-11-2008 09:04 PM

Sad News..............

On Nov 5, 7:30*am, Norvin > wrote:
> * * *Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment
> community. *The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection
> and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. *He was 71.
> Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. *Dozens of celebrities
> turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry
> Jack, the California Raisens, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies and
> Captain Crunch.
>
> * * * Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy
> as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. *Doughboy rose quickly
> in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. *He was
> not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on
> half-baked schemes. *Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was
> a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.
>
> * * * Doughboy is survived by his wife, Play Dough, three children, John
> Dough, Jane Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. *He is
> also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.
>
> * * * The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.
>
> * * * If this made you smile for even a brief second, please rise to the
> occasion and take time to pass it on and share that smile with someone
> else who may be having a crumby day and kneads a lift.

Hey- WTF? A real topic? I've heard this years ago, but your rendition
is better- thanks for the laugh! So, do you bake? Have you tried the
no-knead bread that has been a topic here? I finally did a month or so
ago, and will never buy bread again. Well, not really, but a lot less
of it!