Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Non-Traditional Pecan Pie

I am always looking for a great twist on a traditional pie for
Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I found a few, my favorite being the Mystery Pecan Pie (with cream
cheese) . At first I thought it was a really unique addition, but I
made it for a Halloween party and it was a hit.

The mystery in this Mystery Pecan Pie is the delicious addition of
cream cheese!

1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
4 large eggs, divided
3/4 cup sugar, divided
2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup light corn syrup

Unfold and stack 2 pie crusts; gently roll or press together. Fit into
a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under,
and crimp
Beat cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and salt
at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into
piecrust. Sprinkle with pecans.
Stir together corn syrup, remaining eggs, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, and
remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla; pour mixture over pecans.
Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until set.
Southern Living, NOVEMBER 2002

I think I am going to put it in a covered, traveling pie plate I found
he http://www.pie-supply.com/pie-blog.html and take it to our
Thanksgiving dinner!

Cheers, Susan