FoodBanter.com

-   -   Chocolate-Pumpkin Tart (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/162255-chocolate-pumpkin-tart.html)

WindyCityPrince 02-10-2008 04:17 PM

Chocolate-Pumpkin Tart

http://bakedchicago.typepad.com

Crust:
20 chocolate wafer cookies
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted

Filling:
1 1/2 cups canned pure pumpkin puree
1 large egg
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. In food processor, pulse cookies and
sugar until finely ground. Add butter. Pulse until crumbs are
moistened. Using bottom of dry measuring cup, press crumbs into
bottom only of 9-inch removable-bottom tart pan. Place tart pan on
rimmed baking sheet and bake until set (12 minutes).

Pour chocolate onto warm crust and spread with spatula. Freeze until
chocolate is firm (about 5 minutes). Brush sides of tart pan with
butter and set aside.

In bowl, whisk together pumpkin, egg, cream, sugar, syrup, spice and
salt. Pour filling into prepared crust. Bake on rimmed baking sheet
until set (45 to 50 minutes). Cool 1 hour at room temperature, then
refrigerate for at least 1 hour (and up to 1 day).

Unmold tart and transfer carefully to platter.

chiquita 02-10-2008 07:13 PM

Chocolate-Pumpkin Tart

On Oct 2, 8:17*am, WindyCityPrince > wrote:
> Chocolate-Pumpkin Tarthttp://bakedchicago.typepad.com
>
> Crust:
> 20 chocolate wafer cookies
> 2 tablespoons sugar
> 3 tablespoons butter, melted
> 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
>
> Filling:
> 1 1/2 cups canned pure pumpkin puree
> 1 large egg
> 1/2 cup heavy cream
> 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
> 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
> 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
> 1/4 teaspoon salt
>
> Preheat oven to 350F degrees. *In food processor, pulse cookies and
> sugar until finely ground. *Add butter. *Pulse until crumbs are
> moistened. *Using bottom of dry measuring cup, press crumbs into
> bottom only of 9-inch removable-bottom tart pan. *Place tart pan on
> rimmed baking sheet and bake until set (12 minutes).
>
> Pour chocolate onto warm crust and spread with spatula. *Freeze until
> chocolate is firm (about 5 minutes). *Brush sides of tart pan with
> butter and set aside.
>
> In bowl, whisk together pumpkin, egg, cream, sugar, syrup, spice and
> salt. *Pour filling into prepared crust. *Bake on rimmed baking sheet
> until set (45 to 50 minutes). *Cool 1 hour at room temperature, then
> refrigerate for at least 1 hour (and up to 1 day).
>
> Unmold tart and transfer carefully to platter.

Hey chicago prince... I'm trying to find a recipe for a smaller
version - Tassies... I want to add pumpkin but not sure if the baking
time is too long for the tassies.
I have a Pecan Tassie recipe from Pampered Chef... this is a great
recipe, but want pumpkin something. Thanks

basic tart dough
1/2 cup butter
1 3oz cream cheese
1 cup flour
beat butter, cream cheese until smooth. Add flour; mix until a soft
dough forms. Cover, chill at least 1 hour.
shape dough into 1 inch balls. place ball of dough in mini muffin pan
press out...
Filling:
2 Tablespoons butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar