FoodBanter.com

-   -   Fudge Pudding! (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/161272-fudge-pudding.html)

Billy[_3_] 07-09-2008 07:57 PM

Fudge Pudding!

I have made this a couple of times and always great for dessert. The
last time, I put a teaspoon of raspberry preserves in the bottom of
the ramikin before adding the pudding mixture. Nice little surprise
when you get to the bottom of the cup.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Fudge Pudding

candies, desserts

1/2 cups butter; melted
3 tb cocoa powder
1 c sugar
2 large eggs; well beaten
3 tb flour
1/2 ts vanilla
1 c pecans; chopped
raspberries; garnish
chocolate curls; garnish

Preheat oven to 350F.

Grease six 6 ounce ramekins; set aside.

In a medium mixing bowl, stir together butter and cocoa powder till
well
combined. Stir in sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla. Stir in pecans.

Place ramekins in a large baking pan. Divide pudding mixture evenly
among
the prepared dishes. Place pan on oven rack; pour hot water into the
large
pan to a depth of 1 inch.

Bake for 45 minutes or till pudding is crusty on top and soft inside.
Serve pudding warm or cooled with whipped. cream. Garnish with
raspberries
and shaved chocolate curls.

Yield: 6 servings

Preparation Time: 1 hr

merryb 08-09-2008 10:03 PM

Fudge Pudding!

On Sep 7, 11:57*am, Billy <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote:
> I have made this a couple of times and always great for dessert. The
> last time, I put a teaspoon of raspberry preserves in the bottom of
> the ramikin before adding the pudding mixture. * *Nice little surprise
> when you get to the bottom of the cup. *
>
> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Fudge Pudding
>
> candies, desserts
>
> 1/2 cups butter; melted
> 3 tb cocoa powder
> 1 c sugar
> 2 large eggs; well beaten
> 3 tb flour
> 1/2 ts vanilla
> 1 c pecans; chopped
> * raspberries; garnish
> * chocolate curls; garnish
>
> Preheat oven to 350F.
>
> Grease six 6 ounce ramekins; *set aside.
>
> In a medium mixing bowl, stir together butter and cocoa powder till
> well
> combined. *Stir in sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla. *Stir in pecans.
>
> Place ramekins in a large baking pan. *Divide pudding mixture evenly
> among
> the prepared dishes. *Place pan on oven rack; pour hot water into the
> large
> pan to a depth of 1 inch.
>
> Bake *for 45 minutes or till pudding is crusty on top and soft inside.
> Serve pudding warm or cooled with whipped. cream. *Garnish with
> raspberries
> and shaved chocolate curls.
>
> Yield: 6 servings
>
> Preparation Time: *1 hr
>
> ** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.84 **

Thank you for posting a recipe! I have a similar recipe for a lemon
pudding made the same way...

Billy[_3_] 08-09-2008 10:21 PM

Fudge Pudding!

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 14:03:05 -0700 (PDT), Merryb >
wrote:

>Thank you for posting a recipe! I have a similar recipe for a lemon
>pudding made the same way...

POST the recipe...I love anything lemon!! Here is my lemon bread
which everyone loves. Also....l posted another recipe from
Williams Sonoma that I have not made at this time!

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Lemon Bread

breads, fruits

2 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
2 teaspoon lemon peel
----SYRUP----
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar

Lightly grease 9x5 loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350F.

Beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a
time,
beating after each until light and fluffy. Beat in flour mixed with
baking
powder alternately with milk beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Beat
just until combined.

Stir in nuts and lemon peel. Turn batter into pan and bake for 55
minutes
or until cake tester comes out clean.

Make syrup by combining lemon juice and sugar and cooking 1 minutes
stirring continuously, until syrupy. Pour evenly over bread as soon as
it
is removed from the oven. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove to wire
rack
and let cool completely.

Yield: 1 loaf

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Lemon Bread Williams Sonoma

breads, fruits

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
8 tbs unsalted butter; room temp.
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tbs. finely grated lemon zest
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Lemon Syrup:
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbs. fresh lemon juice

Preheat an oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 1-lb. loaf pan.

In a bowl, stir and toss together the flour, baking powder and salt.
Set
aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat the
butter and sugar on medium speed until blended, 2 to 3 minutes. Add
the
eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce the speed
low and add the flour mixture along with the milk and lemon zest. Beat
until blended and smooth, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape
down
the sides of the bowl. Stir in the pecans.

Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick
inserted
into the center of the loaf comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.

Meanwhile, make the lemon syrup: In a small bowl, combine the sugar
and
lemon juice. Set aside, stirring occasionally; don't worry if the
sugar
does not dissolve completely.

Remove the bread from the oven and transfer the pan to a wire rack.
Using a
fork, gently poke the top in several places. Stir the syrup, then
slowly
drizzle it over the hot bread. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15
minutes, then turn the loaf out onto the rack, top side up, and let
cool
completely.

Notes: Williams/Sonoma