FoodBanter.com

-   -   Ice Cream Tastes Better On A Piece Of Wood (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/160603-ice-cream-tastes-better.html)

Perkoffstation 3 22-08-2008 11:01 AM

Ice Cream Tastes Better On A Piece Of Wood

Does anyone know why ice cream always tastes better on a lil piece of
wood?

I don't know the exact name for this piece of wood but I'm sure you
know what I'm talking about. Is there something about this wood that
brings out the flavor of ice cream?

Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback! 22-08-2008 05:26 PM

"Perkoffstation 3" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know why ice cream always tastes better on a lil piece of
> wood?
>
> I don't know the exact name for this piece of wood

I believe the technical term is "a stick".

>but I'm sure you
> know what I'm talking about. Is there something about this wood that
> brings out the flavor of ice cream?

Feelings of carefree nostalgia?

LG
--
"Keep it simple. If it takes a genius to understand it, it will never work."
- Clarence Leonard "Kelly" Johnson

Barty 22-08-2008 06:23 PM

Ice Cream Tastes Better On A Piece Of Wood

"Perkoffstation 3" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know why ice cream always tastes better on a lil piece of
> wood?
>
> I don't know the exact name for this piece of wood but I'm sure you
> know what I'm talking about. Is there something about this wood that
> brings out the flavor of ice cream?

So, the ice cream stick manufacturing business been slow lately?

CC 23-08-2008 12:49 AM

Ice Cream Tastes Better On A Piece Of Wood

Business must really be down now. I bet it's tough trying to sell
Popsicle sticks.
Maybe he should try Kirbys or Encyclopedia Britannica
CC

"Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!" > wrote in
message net...

Dave Bell 23-08-2008 03:49 AM

CC wrote:
> Business must really be down now. I bet it's tough trying to sell
> Popsicle sticks.
> Maybe he should try Kirbys or Encyclopedia Britannica
> CC

Actually, I was thinking he was remembering the little flat pine "spoon"
you get with the "ballpark" cups.

We just gave away about 50 volumes of Britannica and Book of Knowledge
from the 80's! At least they went to a small private elementary school
that was pleased to get them...

Dave

CC 23-08-2008 04:54 AM

"Dave Bell" > wrote in message
> CC wrote:
>> Business must really be down now. I bet it's tough trying to sell
>> Popsicle sticks.
>> Maybe he should try Kirbys or Encyclopedia Britannica
>> CC

> Actually, I was thinking he was remembering the little flat pine
> "spoon" you get with the "ballpark" cups.

I had forgotten about those, I seem to remember always getting a
splinter
or they split.
They kinda tasted like wood too.

> We just gave away about 50 volumes of Britannica and Book of
> Knowledge from the 80's! At least they went to a small private
> elementary school that was pleased to get them...
>
> Dave

That's a great contribution Dave
CC

Perkoffstation 3 23-08-2008 08:12 AM

Ice Cream Tastes Better On A Piece Of Wood

On Aug 22, 11:26*am, "Lord Gow333, Conservative Fullback!"
> wrote:
> "Perkoffstation 3" > wrote in message

> > Does anyone know why ice cream always tastes better on a lil piece of
> > wood?

> > I don't know the exact name for this piece of wood

> I believe the technical term is "a stick".

It's like one of those things doctors put on your tongue and make you
say "ahhh" except it's like half as long and twice as fat.

Perkoffstation 3 23-08-2008 08:12 AM

On Aug 22, 12:23*pm, "Barty" > wrote:
> "Perkoffstation 3" > wrote in message

> > Does anyone know why ice cream always tastes better on a lil piece of
> > wood?

> > I don't know the exact name for this piece of wood but I'm sure you
> > know what I'm talking about. *Is there something about this wood that
> > brings out the flavor of ice cream?

> So, the ice cream stick manufacturing business been slow lately?

I don't know has it?