Posted to rec.food.baking

Default A real post about Baking!

Sorry, not much to say, but it's very disappointing to see all the
Spam here! So I will post about the last thing I baked- a Charlotte
Royale. I had family from Italy visiting this past weekend, and as
always, I am asked to bring a dessert when we have get-togethers. I
have not made one since I was in pastry school, so I was a little
anxious about how it would work out. Since there were about 15 people
expected, I decided to make 1 big one instead of 2. I filled my
roulades (2) with homemade raspberry jelly that my sis & I made a
couple of weeks ago, and then lined my biggest metal bowl with the
slices of cake. I filled it with a double recipe of chocolate
bavarian, but shoulda made 3x as it did not fill the bowl as much as I
had hoped for- oh well, too late now! All in all, it was pretty good,
and even had a bit leftover. Anyone here bake anything lately? Speak
up! Please, no spam in your recipe!!
Posted to rec.food.baking

I love to bake, and was so hoping this group was for baking....but as
usual someone has to ruin it for those interested...

I made apple dumplings a few days ago....oh so good and tasty......use
my mothers recipe and no one makes them like she did.

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Aug 11, 5:38*pm, (Denise) wrote:
> I love to bake, and was so hoping this group was for baking....but as
> usual someone has to ruin it for those interested...
>
> I made apple dumplings a few days ago....oh so good and tasty......use
> my mothers recipe and no one makes them like she did.

Would you care to post your recipe? As to the content of this group,
there was a time when all the spammers weren't as busy- wish they'd
find somewhere else to go!
Posted to rec.food.baking

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:34:03 -0700 (PDT), Merryb >
wrote:

>As to the content of this group,
>there was a time when all the spammers weren't as busy- wish they'd
>find somewhere else to go!

It you think about it...they aren't the sharpest bench scraper in the
drawer. Why would anyone "consider" buying crap in a baking
forum?.....just a waste of everyone's time.

Here is our favorite summer pie!!...who am I kidding...we make it year
round. I have also made this with orange juice, and key lime juice
with equal results.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Lemon Delicious Pie

desserts, fruits, pies

1 cup sugar
3 tablespoon cornstarch
2 oz butter
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 egg yolks, unbeaten
1 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 9 pie shell, baked
----TOPPING----
1 whipped cream or
1 meringue from 3 egg whites

Mix sugar and cornstarch. Combine with butter, lemon juice, egg yolks
and
milk. Cook in top of a double boiler until thick and cooked. Remove
from
heat and let cool.

When cool, stir in sour cream. Pour into baked pie shell.

Serve with whipped cream or make meringue with 3 egg whites.

Meringue: 3 egg whites 1/4 ts cream tartar 6 tablespoons sugar.

Preheat oven to 425F. In Mixing bowl, beat egg whites until frothy.
Add
cream of tartar and beat until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in
sugar
and continue beating until stiff and glossy. Pile meringue lightly on
cooled pie making sure it touches edge of pastry to prevent it from
shrinking. Bake five to six minutes.

Yield: 8 servings

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Aug 12, 2:36*pm, Billy <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:34:03 -0700 (PDT), Merryb >
> wrote:
>
> >As to the content of this group,
> >there was a time when all the spammers weren't as busy- wish they'd
> >find somewhere else to go!

> It you think about it...they aren't the sharpest bench scraper in the
> drawer. * Why would anyone "consider" buying crap in a baking
> forum?.....just a waste of everyone's time. *
>
> Here is our favorite summer pie!!...who am I kidding...we make it year
> round. * * I have also made this with orange juice, and key lime juice
> with equal results. *
>
> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Lemon Delicious Pie
>
> desserts, fruits, pies
>
> 1 cup sugar
> 3 tablespoon cornstarch
> 2 oz butter
> 1/4 cup lemon juice
> 3 *egg yolks, unbeaten
> 1 cup milk
> 1 cup sour cream
> 1 *9 pie shell, baked
> * * * ----TOPPING----
> 1 *whipped cream or
> 1 *meringue from 3 egg whites
>
> Mix sugar and cornstarch. *Combine with butter, lemon juice, egg yolks
> and
> milk. *Cook in top of a double boiler until thick and cooked. *Remove
> from
> heat and let cool.
>
> When cool, stir in sour cream. *Pour into baked pie shell.
>
> Serve with whipped *cream or make meringue with 3 egg whites.
>
> Meringue: * 3 *egg whites * 1/4 ts cream tartar * 6 tablespoons sugar.
>
> Preheat oven to 425F. *In Mixing bowl, beat egg whites until frothy.
> Add
> cream of tartar and beat until stiff peaks form. *Gradually beat in
> sugar
> and continue beating until stiff and glossy. *Pile meringue lightly on
> cooled pie making sure it touches edge of pastry to prevent it from
> shrinking. *Bake five to six minutes.
>
> Yield: 8 servings
>
> ** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.84 **

Nice- I love lemon! Thanks for posting a real recipe!!

Posted to rec.food.baking

The recipe is as follows.

peel and core 4 apples,

mix your favorite pie crust, and roll out 4 round pieces to fit around
each apple.

Before sealing the dough around the top of apple, place a dab of butter,
and a cinnamon/sugar mixture inside core of apple.
then seal dough around apple.

place apples in baking dish.

in saucepan mix 1 cup of sugar, cinnamon to taste, 2 tbls of butter,
and 1 cup of water. Mix until boiling, and pour over apples.

bake 350 for about 40 min or until crust is brown and syrup is
thickened.

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Aug 13, 5:16*pm, (Denise) wrote:
> The recipe is as follows.
>
> peel and core 4 apples,
>
> mix your favorite pie crust, and roll out 4 round pieces to fit around
> each apple.
>
> Before sealing the dough around the top of apple, place a dab of butter,
> and a cinnamon/sugar mixture inside core of apple.
> then seal dough around apple.
>
> place apples in baking dish.
>
> in saucepan mix *1 cup of sugar, cinnamon to taste, 2 tbls of butter,
> and 1 cup of water. *Mix until boiling, and pour over apples.
>
> bake 350 for about 40 min or until crust is brown and syrup is
> thickened.

Sounds good- just the thing for fall. Thanks for posting it!