Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Good recipe for fudge?

Does anyone have a good fudge recipe they can reccomend?

~http://Harleyandkristiane.googlepages.com/
Posted to rec.food.baking

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 10:05:01 -0700 (PDT), Kristiane
> wrote:

>Does anyone have a good fudge recipe they can reccomend?

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Velveeta Fudge

candies, cheese

1 lb butter
1 lb velveeta
4 lb powdered sugar
1 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup nuts, chopped

Melt cheese and butter. Add vanilla and combine well. Sift powdered
sugar and cocoa. Add melted mixture and nuts. Blend well and spread
evenly in 2 9 x 13" pans. Cool and cut as desired.

Yield: 32 servings

Posted to rec.food.baking

Ewww!

--
mompeagram
FERGUS/HARLINGEN
"Billy" <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 10:05:01 -0700 (PDT), Kristiane
> > wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have a good fudge recipe they can reccomend?

> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Velveeta Fudge
>
> candies, cheese
>
> 1 lb butter
> 1 lb velveeta
> 4 lb powdered sugar
> 1 cup cocoa
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
> 1 cup nuts, chopped
>
> Melt cheese and butter. Add vanilla and combine well. Sift powdered
> sugar and cocoa. Add melted mixture and nuts. Blend well and spread
> evenly in 2 9 x 13" pans. Cool and cut as desired.
>
> Yield: 32 servings
>

> ** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.84 **

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 17:53:10 -0400, "news.albasani.net"
> wrote:

>Ewww!

And your recommendation was............................

Posted to rec.food.baking

Kristiane wrote:
> Does anyone have a good fudge recipe they can reccomend?

This recipe is super-easy and WONDERFUL.

* Exported from MasterCook *

FOOLPROOF CHOCOLATE FUDGE

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 48 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Candy Chocolate
Vegetarian

24 ounces Chocolate Chips
14 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 dash Salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
1/2 cup Nuts -- chopped (optional)

In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips with condensed milk over low
heat.

Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Spread evenly into
a wax paper lined 8-inch square pan. Chill 2 to 3 hours or until firm.

Turn fudge onto cutting board and peel off paper and cut into 1 inch
squares. Store in covered container at room temperature.

Variation: Rocky Road Fudge

When adding remaining ingredients after melting chips & milk, also add
one 10-ounce package of miniature marshmallows and 2 cups dry roasted
peanuts. Spread into wax paper lined 9 x 13 inch pan. Chill 2 hours and
cut as above.

Posted to rec.food.baking

"Billy" <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote in message
> On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 17:53:10 -0400, "news.albasani.net"
> > wrote:
>
>>Ewww!

> And your recommendation was............................

-= Exported from BigOven =-

My Two Minute Velvet Fudge

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 1
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Family

-= Ingredients =-
12 ounces Milk chocolate chips
6 ounces Semisweet chocolate
1 can Sweetened condensed milk
14
1/3 cup Confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Chopped nuts

-= Instructions =-
Grease a 8" x 8" pan. Microwave the chips and condensed milk, uncovered, in
a 2 quart bowl, on high, for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Stir in sugar
and vanilla, then add nuts until well blended. Pour into a prepared pan,
and spread evenly. Chill until firm. From: Lawrence Kellie Date: 08-12-93
From: Helen Peagram Exported from Home Cookin 4.7
(http://www.mountain-software.com)

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:02:39 -0400, "news.albasani.net"
> wrote:

>-= Ingredients =-
>12 ounces Milk chocolate chips
>6 ounces Semisweet chocolate
>1 can Sweetened condensed milk
>14
>1/3 cup Confectioners sugar
>1 teaspoon Vanilla
>1 cup Chopped nuts

LIne four is 14 what???
Posted to rec.food.baking

"Billy" <Hereiam@hotmaildotcom> wrote in message
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:02:39 -0400, "news.albasani.net"
> > wrote:
>
>>-= Ingredients =-
>>12 ounces Milk chocolate chips
>>6 ounces Semisweet chocolate
>>1 can Sweetened condensed milk
>>14
>>1/3 cup Confectioners sugar
>>1 teaspoon Vanilla
>>1 cup Chopped nuts

> LIne four is 14 what???

14 oz

Posted to rec.food.baking

Billy wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:02:39 -0400, "news.albasani.net"
> > wrote:
>
>> -= Ingredients =-
>> 12 ounces Milk chocolate chips
>> 6 ounces Semisweet chocolate
>> 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
>> 14
>> 1/3 cup Confectioners sugar
>> 1 teaspoon Vanilla
>> 1 cup Chopped nuts

> LIne four is 14 what???

It's an indication that one can of sweetened condensed milk contains 14
ounces.
Posted to rec.food.baking

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 21:43:27 -0400, "news.albasani.net"
> wrote:

>> LIne four is 14 what???

>14 oz

Ok, I'll bite. Fourteen ounces of WHAT? You never even tried this
recipe, now did you.

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 19:36:41 -0700, Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to
reply > wrote:

>Billy wrote:
>> On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:02:39 -0400, "news.albasani.net"
>> > wrote:

>>> 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
>>> 14
>>> 1/3 cup Confectioners sugar

>> LIne four is 14 what???

>It's an indication that one can of sweetened condensed milk contains 14
>ounces.

Then the proper line should read

1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk

Posted to rec.food.baking

Billy wrote:

>> It's an indication that one can of sweetened condensed milk contains 14
>> ounces.

> Then the proper line should read
>
> 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk

*shrug* I have seen such ingredients listed like this befo

1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
Posted to rec.food.baking

Paula Deen's velveta cheese fudge is the best never fail fudge I have
ever made. It always comes out great. Stores well, ships well,
tastes great. I press walnut or peacans on top before it sets up.

Billy wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 19:36:41 -0700, Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to
> reply > wrote:
>
> >Billy wrote:
> >> On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:02:39 -0400, "news.albasani.net"

> >> LIne four is 14 what???

> >It's an indication that one can of sweetened condensed milk contains 14
> >ounces.

> Then the proper line should read
>
> 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk

Posted to rec.food.baking

pamjd wrote:
> Paula Deen's velveta cheese fudge is the best never fail fudge I have
> ever made. It always comes out great. Stores well, ships well,
> tastes great. I press walnut or peacans on top before it sets up.

I doubt that Paula Deen invented it, but if the chocolatey-est fudge is
your thing, you can't get any more chocolate-y than chocolate and
condensed milk and you can't get any easier than just melting everything
together and stirring until thoroughly mixed.

I hate Velveeta and have often been curious about that recipe, but I am
afraid the Velveeta taste would come through and I would hate it.
Posted to rec.food.baking
JMF JMF is offline

"Kristiane" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have a good fudge recipe they can reccomend?

I used to have a recipe for fudge that was nearly foolproof because it used
unflavored gelatin. It was always smooth and always tasted great. I don't
have the recipe any more, but I found by looking on the Net that the idea of
using unflavored gelatin actually dates back several decades. Here's a
recipe from the Hershey's Cookbook of 1930:

CHOCOLATE GELATIN FUDGE

1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (dry)
1 1/4 cups milk, divided use
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons Hershey's cocoa or 2 ounces Hershey's baking chocolate, melted
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
dash salt
1 cup pecan meats, coarsely chopped

Soften the gelatin in a little of the milk.

Add the sugar and melted chocolate (or cocoa) to the rest of the milk and
bring to the boiling point. Cook to the soft-ball stage.

Add the softened gelatin and the butter; vanilla, and also a dash of salt.
Stir frequently while cooling.

Add the nuts. Spread in a buttered pan and set aside to cool and harden.

Cut in squares.

Servings: 8
Source: Hershey's Cookbook, 1930

Recipe: Mamie Eisenhowers Million Dollar Fudge (Another "heirloom recipe") jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 14 26-02-2009 07:01 AM
Easy Fudge Recipe chef_rwmiller Recipes (moderated) 0 07-10-2006 07:54 PM
Any good fudge recipes? Aaliyah Baking 3 07-02-2004 05:36 AM
Fudge Recipe Site? LMW Baking 11 03-01-2004 03:07 PM
Fudge Recipe Request OleWest Diabetic 1 02-12-2003 02:02 PM