FoodBanter.com

-   -   Alt Group Intend to Take Over This Group (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/157440-alt-group-intend-take.html)

Bakerman 24-06-2008 01:53 PM

Alt Group Intend to Take Over This Group

alt.bread.recipes...'Cook' from the bread group suggested a take over of
this group....So I propose to just re-post that message here for you to see
and think about... The nerve!!

Bakerman

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

:

>> Barry Harmon wrote:
>>> Barry Harmon > wrote in
>>> . 15.254:

>Big

>>> The Big 8 are
>>>
>>> comp.
>>> Humanities.
>>> misc.
>>> news.
>>> rec.
>>> sci.
>>> soc.
>>> talk.
>>>

>> Are you volunteering? If not, perhaps the simplest solution would be

>> mirror this group to a Google group. I think you can set one up to be
>> public access (no sign-up required), although I haven't actually

>checked
>> into that.
>>

>Considering what's going on, maybe Google Groups is the bestway to go.
>I was tryhing to figure a way to stay within usenet, but it appears what
>usenet is on the way out.
>
>I'll take a look at GG and see what's involved.
>
>Barry

Google is a pain to use and since much of the spam that shows up comes
through Google many people have Google blocked.

Since there are enough providers who will carry alt groups for free or
cheap, lets stay here for a while longer. Maybe try to get a
rec.food.bread group going or steal rec.food.baking.

The big ISP's may not carry Usenet anymore I doubt that Usenet will
disappear anytime soon.

Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply 24-06-2008 09:29 PM

Bakerman wrote:

> alt.bread.recipes...'Cook' from the bread group suggested a take over of
> this group....So I propose to just re-post that message here for you to
> see and think about... The nerve!!

They don't need to take it over. They just need to join and participate
and merge.

Dave Bell 25-06-2008 02:07 AM

Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply wrote:
> Bakerman wrote:
>>
>> alt.bread.recipes...'Cook' from the bread group suggested a take over
>> of this group....So I propose to just re-post that message here for
>> you to see and think about... The nerve!!

> They don't need to take it over. They just need to join and participate
> and merge.

I've subscribed to both for ages.
Since r.f.baking has been pretty dead of late, maybe it will infuse new
life here...

Dave

Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply 25-06-2008 02:42 AM

Dave Bell wrote:

> I've subscribed to both for ages.
> Since r.f.baking has been pretty dead of late, maybe it will infuse new
> life here...

Sounds reasonable to me.

CC 25-06-2008 03:50 AM

Alt Group Intend to Take Over This Group

"Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply" > wrote
in message ...
> Bakerman wrote:
>>
>> alt.bread.recipes...'Cook' from the bread group suggested a take
>> over of this group....So I propose to just re-post that message
>> here for you to see and think about... The nerve!!

> They don't need to take it over. They just need to join and
> participate and merge.

I'm mostly a lurker of both groups, but
I think that is more in line with what they meant. To just relocate
over here
and participate.
CC