FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cake decoration idea - what to use? (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/156803-cake-decoration-idea-what.html)

shan 10-06-2008 12:21 AM

Cake decoration idea - what to use?

I'm making a Notre Dame cake, with the Golden Dome as a centerpiece.
I'm just not sure what the best medium to make the dome would be.
Fondant? Gumpaste? Royal icing over a mold?
Any suggestions?

merryb 10-06-2008 07:42 PM

On Jun 9, 4:21*pm, shan > wrote:
> I'm making a Notre Dame cake, with the Golden Dome as a centerpiece.
> I'm just not sure what the best medium to make the dome would be.
> Fondant? *Gumpaste? *Royal icing over a mold?
> Any suggestions?

Maybe cover a cupcake with whatever medium you are using?

pamjd 17-06-2008 12:38 PM

On Jun 10, 11:42�am, Merryb > wrote:
> On Jun 9, 4:21�pm, shan > wrote:
>
> > I'm making a Notre Dame cake, with the Golden Dome as a centerpiece.
> > I'm just not sure what the best medium to make the dome would be.
> > Fondant? �Gumpaste? �Royal icing over a mold?
> > Any suggestions?

Ice a dome shape cake, ice and apply food grade gold foil.