FoodBanter.com

-   -   Banana Breakfast Coffee Cake (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/155631-banana-breakfast-coffee-cake.html)

Sean Surlow 15-05-2008 08:56 PM

Banana Breakfast Coffee Cake

Serves 10

This is a wonderful way to use of those leftover bananas. It makes a
great
tasting breakfast cake. I did have to bake this for about 45 minutes
before
it was done. I got this recipe from another group and it was posted by
Sundance.

TOPPING:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
CAKE:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
1/3 cup 2% milk

Set oven to 350°. Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
For
the topping, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter in a food
processor and process until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in
walnuts.

For the cake, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and
salt in
a medium bowl. Beat butter with a mixer a medium speed about 30
seconds or
until smooth. Gradually add sugar and beat 3 to 4 minutes or until
fluffy.
Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla and bananas
and
beat until well blended. Add flour mixture alternately with milk,
mixing
after each addition only until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan;
sprinkle with topping. Bake about 35 minutes or until toothpick
inserted in
center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Serve warm or at
room
temperature.

Have A Good Weekend,
Sean Surlow