Old 15-02-2008, 03:51 AM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

Default Mad Skillz

Emperor Wonko the Sane wrote:
On Feb 13, 4:02 pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
On Feb 13, 3:52 pm, Emperor Wonko the Sane
wrote:

On Feb 13, 3:43 pm, Melvin Purvis wrote:
Dewd, meat vs. bread; think about it.
Doug

That's just disgusting.

Hmm ... it wasn't intended to be disgusting, but I see your point.

My intended point was that it is obviously more manly to have skills
in preparing meat.

Doug

Yeah, if you're in a Neanderthal competition.

gp

Old 15-02-2008, 03:53 AM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

Puester wrote:

Emperor Wonko the Sane wrote:

My intended point was that it is obviously more manly to have skills

Yeah, if you're in a Neanderthal competition.

And what do you have against Neanderthals? They were a peaceful
humanoid tribe that got wiped out by European homo sapiens,
even though they had a larger brain capacity. Probably, they
would have been more sophisticated than us humans.

Steve
Old 15-02-2008, 04:53 AM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

What kind of stupid comment is that, Peachy Butt.

"Peach" wrote in message ...
On Feb 13, 4:17 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Melvin Purvis" wrote in message

Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

All of the above. Learn to do everything so the woman of the cave has plenty
of energy left to do what you really want her to do.

I don't know who you are, but you are correct.

(PS--also depends on the woman, as far as BBQ'er vs. Baker. I suck at
baking bread...it's one aspect of cooking I just can't master. It's
sad because my mom makes THEE best caramel cinnamon rolls in the
world, and I can't bake them...even with her recipe. On the other
hand, I am quite skilled with the grill.)

Peach

Old 15-02-2008, 03:34 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

On Feb 14, 12:57*pm, DH wrote:
Phred wrote:
Being a Gemini, I do both very well. *And guys, it's a way show
balance between your cavemanliness and your Alan Aldaness.

My best is olive and grain bread and mixed grill.

We entertain a lot for friends family and business, and not meaning
(really) to brag, I'm always asked for formulas. *I never follow a
recipe, only my instinct, but finally started to journal my
ingredients.

My most covented get together is the summer BBQ when I serve my best
bread as big ass sandwhich buns on which you can put the grilled
animals:

Squirrel, moose, horse, venison, rabbit, frog legs, and flash seared
tuna. (each treated with their own marinade)

I send a menu out in advance with pictures (respectively) of our
dinner victims:

Rocky, Bulllwinkle, Mr Ed, Bambi, Bugs, Kermit and Charley.

You better pass on telling the horse part while you are in or near Logan
WV or you will be attacked...lol.

Amusing post

Thanks. Coincidentally, I was actually born in Logan, but moved away
as a teen.

What's with Logan and the horse thing?
Old 21-02-2008, 03:23 AM posted to rec.food.baking

I start my bread dough the day before, putting the rub on my brisket
and/or pork shoulder at the same time. The next day I get the meat in
the smoker, later getting the bread in the oven; hopefully to be done at
the same time. Now......I go and tap off a large mug of my homebrew as
I wait. A few mugs of overly hopped and carbonated IPA makes the
waiting a lot easier.

Old 29-02-2008, 04:43 AM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

I'

Melvin Purvis wrote:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

l'd take the guy who can turn out a decent loaf of rye anyday.