Old 14-02-2008, 03:32 AM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

Default Mad Skillz

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:14:26 -0500, "Randolph M. Jones" wrote:
Trent Woodruff wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:43:44 -0800 (PST), Melvin Purvis wrote:

Help me out he
In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:
Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker
Inquiring minds want to know.

Well barbeque and smoked meat both suck ass, so I guess I'd have to go
with Baker by default.

A rack of smoked ribs and a loaf of fresh bread make a damn fine picnic.

I'm with you on the fresh bread part. Smoked anything sucks ass.

--

....I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When
you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I

Old 14-02-2008, 03:46 AM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

Melvin Purvis . we live in a world that has
walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose
gonna do it? You? You, Melvin Purvis ?

Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

Dude, the fact that you don'ut know the obvious answer to this
question is a-skairy.

John Rogers
AU Class of 1985
The Al Del Greco of Atlanta

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very
well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive,
we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build
your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a
gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will
follow ours." (General Sir Charles Napier)
Old 14-02-2008, 03:57 AM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

"Melvin Purvis" wrote in message
Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

Good bread is easily and cheaply bought, good barbecued meat, not so much.

I'd go for the meat master.

Old 14-02-2008, 07:35 AM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

Thank you for your stupid comment, Randolt.

"Randolph M. Jones" wrote in message ...
Melvin Purvis wrote:
Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

Well, which is it you want to know about? Manliness? Or General
Usefulness?

Old 14-02-2008, 07:35 AM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

Joe BS -- you're really stupid.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message ...
"Melvin Purvis" wrote in message
Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

All of the above. Learn to do everything so the woman of the cave has plenty
of energy left to do what you really want her to do.

Old 14-02-2008, 07:35 AM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

Bite me, moron.

James Scrotum wrote in message 7.136...
Quiet, Melvin Purvis -- I'm transmitting rage.

Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home

Ghey.

Being a master barbequer and smoker

Ding!

Inquiring minds want to know.

That you had to ask is a bad sign.

James Schrumpf http://www.hilltopper.net

Play like your couch is on fire!

Old 14-02-2008, 06:41 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

On Feb 13, 4:17*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Melvin Purvis" wrote in message

Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

All of the above. Learn to do everything so the woman of the cave has plenty
of energy left to do what you really want her to do.

I don't know who you are, but you are correct.

(PS--also depends on the woman, as far as BBQ'er vs. Baker. I suck at
baking bread...it's one aspect of cooking I just can't master. It's
sad because my mom makes THEE best caramel cinnamon rolls in the
world, and I can't bake them...even with her recipe. On the other
hand, I am quite skilled with the grill.)

Peach
Old 14-02-2008, 06:48 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

Being a Gemini, I do both very well. And guys, it's a way show
balance between your cavemanliness and your Alan Aldaness.

My best is olive and grain bread and mixed grill.

We entertain a lot for friends family and business, and not meaning
(really) to brag, I'm always asked for formulas. I never follow a
recipe, only my instinct, but finally started to journal my
ingredients.

My most covented get together is the summer BBQ when I serve my best
bread as big ass sandwhich buns on which you can put the grilled
animals:

Squirrel, moose, horse, venison, rabbit, frog legs, and flash seared
tuna. (each treated with their own marinade)

I send a menu out in advance with pictures (respectively) of our
dinner victims:

Rocky, Bulllwinkle, Mr Ed, Bambi, Bugs, Kermit and Charley.

Old 14-02-2008, 06:57 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

Phred wrote:
Being a Gemini, I do both very well. And guys, it's a way show
balance between your cavemanliness and your Alan Aldaness.

My best is olive and grain bread and mixed grill.

We entertain a lot for friends family and business, and not meaning
(really) to brag, I'm always asked for formulas. I never follow a
recipe, only my instinct, but finally started to journal my
ingredients.

My most covented get together is the summer BBQ when I serve my best
bread as big ass sandwhich buns on which you can put the grilled
animals:

Squirrel, moose, horse, venison, rabbit, frog legs, and flash seared
tuna. (each treated with their own marinade)

I send a menu out in advance with pictures (respectively) of our
dinner victims:

Rocky, Bulllwinkle, Mr Ed, Bambi, Bugs, Kermit and Charley.

You better pass on telling the horse part while you are in or near Logan
WV or you will be attacked...lol.

Amusing post.

Old 14-02-2008, 08:02 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
Pan Pan is offline

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:35:52 GMT, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

Joe BS -- you're really stupid.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message ...
"Melvin Purvis" wrote in message
Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

All of the above. Learn to do everything so the woman of the cave has plenty
of energy left to do what you really want her to do.

Well Guv, Imnsho JoeSpareBedroom gave the answer that true men give.
A true man needs three (3) tings
1 A home, could be house or cave.
2 Food, BBQ and bread are good
3 Sex, until he can't walk.
You will notice 1 & 2 have alternates, #3 is singular.