FoodBanter.com

-   -   Bread Machine pan OK for conventional oven? (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/147-bread-machine-pan-ok.html)

Pete 17-11-2003 02:24 AM

Bread Machine pan OK for conventional oven?

Hi all,

May I use the baking pan from my bread machine (Sunbeam 5833-33) in a
conventional oven set at 375F (190C)? I wish to keep the pan at this
temperature for approx. 45 minutes to bake bread.

What is the white plastic seal at the bottom of the baking pan made
of? (teflon?) Will it tolerate 375F without releasing toxins?

Thanks,

Pete

Randy W. 30-11-2003 01:18 PM

Bread Machine pan OK for conventional oven?

>Bread Machine pan OK for conventional oven?

I think that the pan may have a rubber or teflon seal in the base of the pan.
It probably wouldn't be a good idea. What about a clay flower pot. The shape is
different, but the depth of the pot should be close in size to the depth of
your bread machine pan.